Burnham Brothers Monument

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burnham Brothers Monument

While passing through Marble Falls on the way to Griffith Taxidermy in Burnet to pick up a processed deer, I swung by Lakeside Park to see the granite monument that was dedicated there last Tuesday honoring Winston and Murry Burnham, who founded Burnham Brothers, famous for making "The Callingest Calls Made". An autographed edition of Murry Burnham's Hunting Secrets still sits on my bookcase. The monument is impressive, and is close to the parking lot for easy access. It is rare when a man can do what he loves for a living, and leave a legacy for so many to enjoy.
    '
    '.
    Attached Files

Growing up they were the ones who put predator hunting on a new level. Back in the 60's I bought skunk scent oil from them as I was getting into bowhunting. Peeeeew.

Comment

That’s awesome. I’ll have to swing by and check that out..
      Thanks

Comment

I was given there first electronic caller as a teen in the early 90s (a birthday gift I believe). I remember telling my dad it was the best gift I had ever received and man did it make me a fan of calling.

Comment

I still have one of thier injured rabbit predator mouth calls that I bought back in the late 1970s.

Comment

That is very cool. Thanks for sharing

Comment

I remember going into their store when I was a kid. Window full of rattlers.

Comment

still have a lot of there calls.

Comment

I also still have two of their mouth calls and a casett tape . Fun times from the 60`s and 70`s

Comment

Yes,well deserved,and the Burnhams have touched folks all over the planet.I was in attendance,Hunter gave a brief history of the origins of his dad and uncles calls and sporting good business in Marble Falls in the 50's-80's.There was a well received crowd of a hundred or so,and 4 different mayors of mf told stories of the past contributions of the family to the city and Central Texas area.I have spent many good times with their calls.

Comment

My favorite critter call is a mini blaster from them

Comment

That's really cool they put a monument up for those guys. Awesome stuff.

Comment

I was supposed to have been there for the ceremony but was swamped and not able to attend. I grew up in the 60's read everything that I could get my hands on regarding the Burnham's. They are the reason I began calling critters in 1963. In the mid 80's, I met Murry at the San Antonio TTHA Show and shortly thereafter, began hunting together. When Murry sold Burnham Brothers in 1991, Deb and I purchased it and moved it to Menard where we continue to operate today.
                          Murry always prided himself in being the "innovators" in predator calling, not the "imitators". We have continued that tradition with the first digital caller ever built with the COMPUCALLER in 1991 and the first ultrasonic e-caller, the FREQ which is a huge game changer.
                          Adios,
                          Gary

Comment

Cool!!!!!

Im in Menard quite frequently to get stuff for the ranch I work at. I never knew this store was there!!!!! I’ll have to go look for it next time I’m in town.

Bisch
                            Last edited by Bisch; 02-06-2024, 03:45 PM.

Comment

I bought several of their predator mouth calls back in the early to mid 1980s as I was developing an interest in predator hunting. I attended a hunting show in Houston in the mid 1980s and met the Burnhams. I registered to win a Burnham Brothers cassette tape electronic caller at the same time. A few weeks later package arrived at my home and it was the electronic caller. Probably the only thing I have ever won. Love the history of their company.
                              Last edited by Bigfootwolff; 02-07-2024, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X