Africa 2026

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Africa 2026

I turn 50 in 2026 and the wife and I are wanting to do a hunt in Africa for it. I know there have been many threads on this subject but to be honest I hate the new search feature and it rarely yields the results I am after knowing the topics are here. Looking for recommendations on countries/outfitters/time of year to go for Kudu and Gemsbok as primary targets. All other species fall under these in priority. Bowhunting preferred but not a limitation. I missed the DSC being just a few weeks ago. Thanks in advance.

So many possibilities. If a first safari, focus on South Africa or Namibia- both have quality kudu but Namibia prob has better gemsbok on average. Lots of great outfitters, inc a sponsor on here that focuses on bow only in Africa. Definitely go to a show and talk to outfitters - still plenty of time before '26 to book. They will all be a little different and one might work better for you than someone else. Good luck and enjoy the search- that is part of the fun!

Comment

RSA or Namibia for bow hunting , I would join Africahunting website to research the best choices in ranches

Comment

I would highly recommend Limcroma Safaris. My wife and I went with them this past year and we couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Comment

I'm going this May with game4africa (https://game4africa.co.za/) It is a small family run outfit in South Africa. Great review in africahunting discussion group.
          Personally I selected one of their package hunts (you save on the daily fees!) and plan on adding a Gemsbok. They run a small number of hunters in two large properties.
          This is South Africa, so it is high fence. You can go to other African countries if you prefer no fences, but it will be more expensive.

Comment

I am tuned in for this. I am planing on my wife and I going to Africa in 2026 for the first time as well. For a summer 2026 hunt, when would most recommend that you need to have the outfitter booked?

Comment

Originally posted by JTate View Post
              I would highly recommend Limcroma Safaris. My wife and I went with them this past year and we couldn't have asked for a better experience.
              This. I've been 5 times with them. My wife is a non hunter and she won't let me go without her. They treat you so well and there are plenty of other non hunting things you can do as well. Feel free to PM me and I can share tons of photos and stories about the things we've done with Limcroma. In fact, my PH recently moved to North Texas and living here now. I can put you in touch with him directly and you can ask him any questions you need. You won't regret Limcroma. Hannes will absolutely make sure you and the wife are taken care of.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                I am tuned in for this. I am planing on my wife and I going to Africa in 2026 for the first time as well. For a summer 2026 hunt, when would most recommend that you need to have the outfitter booked?
                Depends on the outfitter, but I recommend Limcroma. The sooner the better so that you have your choice of dates. You don't need to book yet, but should definitely starts talks and start to decide who you want to go with. They will tell you how quickly they are filling up. You can bet they already have bookings for 2026.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgunguy View Post
                  I turn 50 in 2026 and the wife and I are wanting to do a hunt in Africa for it. I know there have been many threads on this subject but to be honest I hate the new search feature and it rarely yields the results I am after knowing the topics are here. Looking for recommendations on countries/outfitters/time of year to go for Kudu and Gemsbok as primary targets. All other species fall under these in priority. Bowhunting preferred but not a limitation. I missed the DSC being just a few weeks ago. Thanks in advance.

I know the search function isn't the same. Here are links to my previous Africa hunts

Comment

I highly recommend African Arrow Safaris, a supporter here. Family operation, 5 star on everything, lodging snd food. Small groups. I have been with Harry Nel, owner, 4 times and will return. This is a bowhunting operation only located in the Limpopo. You will be hunting large concessions, mostly family owned. In the 4 times I have hunted with Harry, only once was anyone in camp other than a small group of my friends and it was only one person. Harry does not like big groups snd does not like to mix people that do not know each other. In 4 trips, I have taken right at 20 animals with AAS. Several members on here have hunted with Harry.

If you are serious about Africa, shoot me a PM with you name, address, email and phone number and I will send you a brochure and price list and have Harry personally contact you

Comment

Another thing about African Arrow Safaris, I will put his trophy quality up against any other bowhunting outfit only. He has the quantity and quality of animals. He manages every place he has for that reason.

Comment

Originally posted by jomw10 View Post
                        I'm going this May with game4africa (https://game4africa.co.za/) It is a small family run outfit in South Africa. Great review in africahunting discussion group.
                        Personally I selected one of their package hunts (you save on the daily fees!) and plan on adding a Gemsbok. They run a small number of hunters in two large properties.
                        This is South Africa, so it is high fence. You can go to other African countries if you prefer no fences, but it will be more expensive.
                        x2 I hunted with them, great family, treated us like kings, and worked their butts off. Cant wait to go again. We shot 33 animals in 5 days it was an absolute blast.

Comment

My cousin Adam runs trips to Africa with Double Shot Outfitters. You won't find a better guy! https://www.doubleshotoutfitters.com/africa

Comment

I have wanted to go forever, and after this year will finally have the time, but just cant get past the fact that I cant bring the meat home.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                              I have wanted to go forever, and after this year will finally have the time, but just cant get past the fact that I cant bring the meat home.
                              That is a downside for sure. But, you'll eat it while you are there and it will go to feed the locals and orphanage (depending on your outfitter I guess).

Comment

Working...
                              X