What I know about calling coyotes.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
    What times of day and night y'all favor to hunt?

Daytime, first and last two hours of light, with the first and last 30 minutes being the most productive for me.

Comment

Originally posted by texag93 View Post
      Daytime, first and last two hours of light, with the first and last 30 minutes being the most productive for me.
      Thanks

Comment

Deer season is over, it's time to get serious about killing some coyotes

"Let's get to callin'!"

Comment

Re: What I know about calling coyotes.....

"Let's get to callin'!"
          I am headed to the range today to sight in a few rimfires... And a few magnums... But after you said this i Might end the day calling.

I dont call alot because mouth calling wears me out. I really need to grab a fox pro. Which do you prefer?

Comment

"Let's get to callin'!"
            Waiting til Youth Season is over then it's on!!!

Comment

Mangy coyote down
              Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357999016.094112.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	24158378

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358004232.617239.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	24158395

Weird sky this morning

Comment

Lol. Im still lounging around on the couch... it looked like that outside today?

Congrats on the yote.

Comment

North wind was tough this morning. Need a southerly wind for that place. Back home for now. The property this morning is overrun with mangy coyotes. First I've seen out here.

Comment

Thanks Jason. We have a serious coyote problem. Appreciate the info!

Comment

Great thread and I have learned a lot. I have an ecaller that i got for my birthday. With all the rain this year we have not really had a chance to use it. We only had one set to try it out and found out the range of the caller was only about 40 yards so we may be upgrading in the future. What is the range you are getting with the Foxpro? How many calls does the Foxpro have in its library?

Some of you have posted up some nice harvests of 5 to 20 bobs and yotes. Impressive to say the least. Are you tanning the hides? I would think the bobs would make a nice rug or mount.

When i was in Fredricksburg a few years ago I saw they used the yotes head pieces to make stool covers. The stool covers came from about 8 yotes with the noses making up the center and radiating out to edges. Like a pizza pie cut into 8 slices and a big peperoni in the center. Pretty cool. I always wanted them if I ever get a Man Cave.

We hunt in East Texas so any posts from experienced hunters hunting clear cuts or pine plantations would be helpful. Seems like shot gun hunting may be more in order. Anyone set up in hang-ons to get up off the ground while using decoys for really close action?

Comment

Man I figured how cold it was this morning I could get one or two after I got out of the blind but with a blue bird day like this I had no luck. Truck said 28 but it felt like 50. Called it quits a little before noon and came home.

Comment

Got out this afternoon. First time calling for coyotes. Called one in after 10 min of calling. Shanked the shot though. Got excited and rushed the shot. Hunting all weekend though so I'll get one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                              Got out this afternoon. First time calling for coyotes. Called one in after 10 min of calling. Shanked the shot though. Got excited and rushed the shot. Hunting all weekend though so I'll get one.
                              Ah don't worry about it, it happens and it won't be the last time either.

Comment

TTT for all the hunters asking about predator hunting lately.

Comment

Working...
                                X