Million dollar smile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Million dollar smile

Been waiting a LONG time to make this post. My baby girl has hunted with me countless times. Sat in frigid temps, sweltering temps, ice, rain, snow.. early mornings, late evenings.. hundreds of rounds of practice shooting, pointing where to aim.. all of it, and the stars just never lined up.

Things at my lease were bone dry on the cameras and I thought it was going to be another year of no opportunity for her. We got a gracious invite from a friend to come hunt his stand. We made the hour drive, sat the morning, had deer all over us, but between swirling wind and feeder not spinning, they just didn’t commit.

We got the green light for one last sit, on the last day, for the morning. This was it, our last opportunity for the 22-23 season. Got up at 430 on on the road by 450. Arrived at property around 610, in the stand by 630. Played it smart this time and dumped about 10 lbs of corn under the feeder in case it didn’t spin, which it didn’t.

Had little buck and doe right at sunrise work through and never gave a shot. Told her we were sitting until 9a before we had to call it. Right at 8a, two does snuck in from our left and hit the corn. With ZERO hesitation, she flung the field pod around, safety off and waited for my signal. Doe got broadside, I looked at her winked, and that long awaited crack finally blessed my ears.

That little 6.5 Grendel bullet entered behind the shoulder, almost in slow motion. She ripped around and I seen the blood pouring out the other side and an immediate sense of relief came over me.

Of course one can only imagine the freaking celebration in that little blind. We gathered our stuff and made our way to the impact area and it looked amazing. I seen her trophy laying not 30 yards away, but made her follow the blood trail. When she got to her trophy, she knelt down and told the deer “thank you.” It was the most sincere thing she’d ever spoken and made things almost surreal for a moment.

I couldn’t be more proud of her.
    Attached Files

Congrats to you both!!!

Comment

If only everyone could fill what you and your daughter felt!

Congrats to you and that beautiful daughter on a great experience.

Rwc

Comment

Great Pictures and that is a pair of Milion Dollar Smiles

Comment

Good job dad!!! Make all the memories you can! Makes me sit here and think back to some of my similar ones. Those smiles say it all.

Comment

that is a million dollar smile, congrats to yall

Comment

That is what its about. Love, laughter, and memories. Congrats to you both.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

2 million

Comment

Great times you will both always remember!

Comment

Awesome

Comment

So very special. Love at it's finest.

Comment

That's the good stuff! Congrats to you both!

Comment

Love it!

Comment

That is so wonderful- congratulations

Comment

Working...
                              X