Last Live Hunt Of The Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
    Y’all have more intestinal fortitude than I do, or a better place to let them grow………or both.
    Well I am sure I have raised tgat wide 8pt from a fawn. I have been watching him 4 years since he became exceptional. The reason he is a monster now is because I didn't shoot him when he was a dang nice deer.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post

Well I am sure I have raised tgat wide 8pt from a fawn. I have been watching him 4 years since he became exceptional. The reason he is a monster now is because I didn't shoot him when he was a dang nice deer.
      I get it, I just started hunting a property this year that I can do that to a degree. I’ll probably have to choose the “dang nice deer” category though.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post

True words my friend. If you want to shoot “giants”, you can’t shoot them when they are just “good deer” or even “big deer”.

And I’ll go a step farther…for a lot of lease hunters if you are wanting to raise giants, you can’t have the attitude of “well I paid my money and I just HAVE to shoot a nice buck every year”. That is not how to raise big deer much less giant deer.

Off soapbox now…

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post

True words my friend. If you want to shoot “giants”, you can’t shoot them when they are just “good deer” or even “big deer”.

And I’ll go a step farther…for a lot of lease hunters if you are wanting to raise giants, you can’t have the attitude of “well I paid my money and I just HAVE to shoot a nice buck every year”. That is not how to raise big deer much less giant deer.

Off soapbox now…
          It's hard to ask or expect others to do the stupid stuff I do. I know I'm being unreasonably when I put a 7 yr old stud off limits. I'm just to the point that I fully comprehend that they will likely be best at 9 plus. The folks that hunt with me are at my mercy. They are doing pretty well though since they are killing the biggest deer of their lives.

One of my favorite pass times is looking at a deer I raised and passed many times. I have him dead to rights and know I can kill him... then I wonder what he would look like next year. He walks and I'm smiling knowing I had him and still get the hope of seeing him bigger. I have my cake, maybe oll eat it next year.

Comment

Working...
          X