Engineer internship opening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engineer internship opening

Just saw that we are looking to fill an engineering internship position for the summer. If you have a son or daughter that is in college pursuing an engineering degree, here is a chance for some hands on experience. Below is what is necessary to apply:

West Fraser is currently seeking a Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial engineer to become an Engineer Intern for Summer of 2024. This individual will receive exposure to real-life challenges in the field and be provided with rewarding work allowing you to grow professionally. The successful candidate will work closely with the site Reliability Engineer, region Electrical Engineer, Sawmill Superintendent, Maintenance Superintendent, Millwrights, Electricians and vendors to drive out repeat failures and implement all aspects of West Fraser’s reliability program.

Requirements
    • Graduate no later than December 2026 with a degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering
    • GPA of 2.75 or higher overall
    • Desire to perform hands-on work to equipment
    • Willing and able to perform a variety of tasks
    • Ability to successfully communicate daily with different levels of roles
    ​If you know of anyone that might be interested let me know and I can send the info to apply. This is in Nacogdoches.

Interesting. I will let my son know about it. Not sure of his plans this summer but he is a freshman EE major at Lousiana Tech right now. Holding a 3.65 GPA and has already built and programmed a robot and now working on a canister oven project with heating and cooling controls. All their controls projects are with an Arduino controller.

Comment

Working...
    X