West Texas Big Bobcat Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

West Texas Big Bobcat Contest

Last Saturday, 521 teams turned out for the West Texas Big Bobcat Contest. I am really glad that I wasn't on one of them...winds and bitter cold made calling difficult and MOST miserable. I tip my hat to all the folks who competed; you are a lot tougher than me.
    Adios,
    Gary

They've had bad weather a few years in a row now. I'm on the same page as you, no thank you!

Comment

My son's team turned out for it, extremely cold and tough hunting conditions. They've entered each contest for years and he said it was like that every time, they wouldn't do it....

Comment

I am the crazy one that enters every contest and it was cold and windy but nothing compared to the contest during Snowmageddon. Animals actually moved well for us (just became harder to shoot when the wind picked up) so that kept our mind off the conditions some. Curious on what feedback you are getting from the new call after the first contest Gary.

Comment

We hunted and have the cold weather gear for it so that was not the problem.. Now we believe the cold did effect animal movement.. Gary figured you would have a booth at the weigh in. Sounds like u joined the sponsorship kinda late to. None of my business but thought you would have been more involved. Many are curious about the new caller.

Comment

521 teams!? Wow. That covers a lot of ground.

Comment

NICE!!!! Going to be some serious prize money up for grabs!! Wish I could have made it.. I know the location of a HUGE Tom.. DANGIT.

Comment

Any stats as to overall number of kills? Specifically yotes? I had a buddy that participated and they got 4 with the biggest being 44 lbs i think.

Comment

(2) Facebook

Comment

oops supposed to be a link. Look on Facebook for the results​

Comment

Originally posted by Droptine3030 View Post
                      We hunted and have the cold weather gear for it so that was not the problem.. Now we believe the cold did effect animal movement.. Gary figured you would have a booth at the weigh in. Sounds like u joined the sponsorship kinda late to. None of my business but thought you would have been more involved. Many are curious about the new caller.
                      Of the 521 teams, we estimate that approximately 40 to 50 of the teams were using the FREQ. The FREQ teams won 4 of the 9 categories, including tied for most cats. Another team had 5 cats but did not kill enough fox to score.
                      Adios,
                      Gary

Comment

Working...
                      X