This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a big cat ? Norrh Louisiana

Big cat on the prowl in this 9 degeee artic blast?

Pic isn't that great. Sure looks low to the ground and has that shape. That grass is not that tall. Also attaching a pic of small deer from same camera and period for reference.

Back story. We have confirmed sightings but its been over 15 years. Its been 10 yrs since we have heard one. It's an unmistakable sound.

Click image for larger version

Name:	covert_photo_2639026299.jpg
Views:	880
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	26693911 Click image for larger version

Name:	covert_photo_2638833463.jpg
Views:	863
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	26693912 ok​

I’m thinking pig.

Comment

pig

Comment

pig or pit bull

Comment

Looks like a dog to me

Comment

What part of N. La? There was a young male hit by a car (confirmed by wildlife & fisheries) 15 or so years ago on Hwy 157 near Rocky Mount. That was the NW border of the lease I was on for several years. A few members claimed to have seen a "big cat" but we never got one on camera.

Plenty of big dogs running around though.

Comment

We have thought pit bull too.

No way a pig we have well over 50,000 pics of pigs over last 10 yrs in all sort of images. Nothing close to this one.

Comment

I am the group that think its a dog.

Looks like he was in for a cold night.

J

Comment

[QUOTE=mikebyrge;n26693967]What part of N. La? There was a young male hit by a car (confirmed by wildlife & fisheries) 15 or so years ago on Hwy 157 near Rocky Mount. That was the NW border of the lease I was on for several years. A few members claimed to have seen a "big cat" but we never got one on camera.

Plenty of big dogs running around

Could be a dog. Unfortunately dog hunting is still legal.

Bienville parish near Jackson parish very near the old disbanded Jackson- Bienville WMA. We are close to Driscoll Mountain highest point in Louisiana.

There is no doubt there are cougar roaming. Just very few and cover huge areas ad
                  nd elusive as heck.. When we were seeing them on our place the WMA biologists had seen them and signs on the WMA. Just a few sightings and then they disappeared.. This is the first time since running cameras we have an image that made us do a double take. We'll see if anything is on the regular cams we have 15 of those running. Only run 4 cell cams.

Bears just showed up this October but only around two days then disappeared. First time on our farm but have been within 20 miles for a few years.

Comment

Someone’s catch dog. A fat out of shape one.

Comment

Mystery solved. Neighbor just confirmed his pitbull got out last night and found him very close to this cam. His dog Straight is 110# tan pitbull. Catch dog bloodline that is nothing but a couch/house dog. So all the dog and pitbull answers were correct.

Closing thread. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Working...
                      X