Road Conditions I-10 West from San Antonio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Road Conditions I-10 West from San Antonio

I'm wondering if anyone has been down I-10 West from Boerne towards Fort Stockton in this weather. DriveTexas.org shows it to be clear but I'm getting some conflicting reports. My son needs to head that way to get back to New Mexico State.

Thanks in advance. (Map below indicates red for construction and grey for potential icing.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	408
Size:	669.0 KB
ID:	26693418

I have been from Junction to Sonora this afternoon. Clear and dry all the way!!!!

Bisxh

Comment

No idea, but best of luck. Hopefully TDOT prepped the roads better out there than they did in the Hockley area.

This was sent to me by one of our crews a little after 1 this afternoon while in 290.

Edit- That might actually be 99. He sent several pics and said they were between Hockley and Cypress.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Twist; 01-15-2024, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Not sure about west of Boerne but thru Boerne was really bad. About 2 dozen wrecked semis and regular vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
          Not sure about west of Boerne but thru Boerne was really bad. About 2 dozen wrecked semis and regular vehicles.
          He left Bulverde today and made it 11 miles, ending up off the road on 46. It was slick in Bergheim! He's just going to wait a little longer, though I don't know that it got warm enough today to make a difference.

Comment

I did big lake to boerne yesterday and it was touch and go , black ice to Sonora on 190 & 277 , Sonora to boerne west bound had lots of semis and rvs side lined with ice and fog,

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
              No idea, but best of luck. Hopefully TDOT prepped the roads better out there than they did in the Hockley area.

This was sent to me by one of our crews a little after 1 this afternoon while in 290.

Edit- That might actually be 99. He sent several pics and said they were between Hockley and Cypress.
              I don’t think they did a thing to prevent icing. I left Schulenburg about 4:00 and all was pretty good until around Sealy. Appeared to have a lot more moisture farther east. A little before Brookshire where the road goes from 3 to 2 lanes the 18 wheeler in front of me for some reason made a quick left head first into the barrier. I hit my brakes and never slowed down , made it between him and the truck in the right lane because I did not want the traffic behind me to find out they can’t stop either. Never saw any salt of sand on any of the bridges or overpasses.

Comment

Working...
              X