No announcement yet.

Supplements for old dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks y'all. I ordered some Cosequin to give a try and see how she handles. She's super athletic but I can see sometimes she gets up a little slow and less eager to get up sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
      Look into freezing for a certain frame if your concern with hog meat getting your dog sick. Forgot the time but I think it was about a month to kill everything.
      I didn't know that, thank you! If that's the case I've got quite a bit ready to go frozen since last February, got some liver and other items too. I need to look into the balancing of everything to be sure she gets what she needs but I'm sure feeding raw supplement to the kibble won't hurt.

Comment

Our vet recommended Glucosamine and Chondroitin + MSM Supplements. We got the strongest for senior dogs and within a month noticed a remarkable improvement in our 11 year old Australian Sheppard. She stayed on them until she was 15 and then cancer got her. It's been a few years and I don't remember rhe brands but we would get a few different brands over the years based on price/sales just made sure the doses were the same. Back then they ran about $30-40 month for the advanced dosage. Good luck hope supplements give your pup the relief ot did for ours.

Comment

Working...
        X