Exotics in the Hill County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exotics in the Hill County

So my wife and I are looking to buy some property in the Hill Country and would prefer it to have exotics around the area. Where would you look? I have a lease in Round Mountain, but I'm too far East. Where could I look to find out any stats, if that's even possible?
    Thanks

How big of a place are you looking for?

Comment

Nothing too crazy, around 100 acres.

Comment

I don’t think you’ll find stats anywhere. Axis are pretty prevalent from Fredericksburg all the way out past my place in Sonora. Idk too much about any of the other exotic. There are lots of Aoudad out in W Tx too.

Bisch

Comment

From Bandera north and northwest

Comment

Highly recommend contacting our last Realtor...Zach Biermann:

He's both a Realtor and exotic hunting guide. He found us a low acreage place near Kerrville with lots of whitetail and occasional axis.

Comment

Shoot me a pm I know of some stuff out towards rocksprings that fits your bill. Just depends on your budget. I can put you in contact with an agent

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'm an agent myself, just wanted to know which direction / counties to start researching. Thanks! Keep em coming!

Comment

Here's a good start. The area is pretty large. I have a place in Rocksprings. Try Western Hill Country reality out of Rock Springs. Thats who I used to buy my place.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Real county

Comment

For what it's worth, I was south 10 miles of Sterling City (Sterling County) and I did see some axis on the hoof.

Comment

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
                        Here's a good start. The area is pretty large. I have a place in Rocksprings. Try Western Hill Country reality out of Rock Springs. Thats who I used to buy my place.

fixed it
                        Attached Files

Comment

Chance Love can help you for sure! (And he is a site sponsor.)

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTrophyBowhunter View Post

fixed it
                            If I were focused on exotics I'd narrow it down to those center five counties, Edwards, Real, Bandera, Kerr, Kendall. The other counties will hold exotics too, but these are good bets. I own or have owned property in Real, Kendall, and Gillespie. Seems like Gillespie is hit or miss depending on the property and the big storm from a few years ago wiped out herds of animals in the north part of that circle,

Comment

Originally posted by 1riot1ranger View Post

If I were focused on exotics I'd narrow it down to those center five counties, Edwards, Real, Bandera, Kerr, Kendall. The other counties will hold exotics too, but these are good bets. I own or have owned property in Real, Kendall, and Gillespie. Seems like Gillespie is hit or miss depending on the property and the big storm from a few years ago wiped out herds of animals in the north part of that circle,
                              I used to be the same way. Once we bought our place in Sutton I’d never think of going anywhere else. The axis numbers are outstanding. I did mostly think about axis when I circled the counties. We’ve seen on cams sika, blackbuck, red stag and mouflon

Comment

Working...
                              X