Stand/Fill feeder stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stand/Fill feeder stand

curious to see if anybody has built a stand for a feeder to make it a stand and fill type. The catch is have been built that are not welded, maybe a first, maybe deep in left field on this question.

Can’t help you 100%, but I built my stand and fill out of a 55 gallon barrel that sits on an angle iron rectangular frame that’s welded up. Top of barrel is about at my nose level. Because I couldn’t fit the frame in my truck bed with the way I had imagined the skids, all four legs of the frame had to have bolts/washers/nuts and I had to assemble the box to the skids on site with wrenches and sockets. Skids are to keep it balanced and from getting knocked down if a big pig ever busted into the pen and got underneath it.
    had I NOT had access to an welder, I still think I could’ve gotten most of the stand and fill pieced together with some imaginative ingenuity, a drill press, chop saw, grinder, plenty of bolts/nuts/lock washers, and patience.
    A stand and fill could also be made out of lumber, if in a pinch. Not permanent, but functional.

Comment

I looked into this a couple of years ago. Contacted several mfg.'s about it and couldn't find one that would just sell the stand. There was one individual here on TBH that had built one for himself, but for the price he wanted to built one I could have just purchased a complete setup. So, that's what I did.

Comment

Originally posted by pure lefty View Post
        curious to see if anybody has built a stand for a feeder to make it a stand and fill type. The catch is have been built that are not welded, maybe a first, maybe deep in left field on this question.
        Just cut the legs shorter on a regular feeder. I built this one as a temp feeder for my bow blind 3 years ago....working like a champ! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220416_182144_01.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	426.4 KB
ID:	26692212

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post

Just cut the legs shorter on a regular feeder. I built this one as a temp feeder for my bow blind 3 years ago....working like a champ! Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220416_182144_01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	426.4 KB ID:	26692212
          I did the same thing here for my back-up feeder.
          (there is a directional sitting behind the camera)

full barrel circumference cage wrapped in chicken wire keeps the coons out of it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3604.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	26692250
          Last edited by DaveC; 01-14-2024, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X