Handicap friendly Elk hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handicap friendly Elk hunt?

So without going into too much detail for my buddy, his dad had a h e l l of a fight with cancer for the 2nd or 3rd time last year. If it wasn’t for some amazing advancements in treatments, he wouldn’t have been walking the earth any longer, but he managed to survive. Of course, it kicked his butt and has some mobility problems and weakness issues, but his one dream has always been to kill a bull elk and my buddy is going to try and get one for him.

That being said, anyone been with or know of any outfitters that are very mobility limited friendly? He’s still able to get around, but of course takes a little longer and gets tired much quicker so would have to be an outfitter that’s very involved with the hunt. They’re open to anywhere in the US and of course not a draw state (unless easy outfitter draw) as who knows what the future has in store for them.

If anyone has any leads, please let me know so I can put my buddy in contact with them to see if it’s a good fit for what they need. Thanks a bunch!

Fort McIntosh Outfitting
    Hudson, Colorado
    (720) 778-7667
    Fortmcintoshconservation@gmail.com

Jacob McIntosh
    MCINTOSH RANCH Here at the McIntosh Ranch, we offer the prestigious opportunity to hunt the once plentiful Eastern Plains elk that are native to the high plains of Colorado. The McIntosh Ranch was established in the early 2000’s but it has been more than 140 years in the making. To understand why it is

Comment

Thanks Mike!

Will send this over to them.

Comment

With many elk coming down to irrigated alfalfa fields across the west to feed, one would think that more than a few outfitters would be set up to place handicap hunters along these fields such that they could take elk, and deer for that matter, especially with a firearm.

Comment

Originally posted by McClain View Post
          With many elk coming down to irrigated alfalfa fields across the west to feed, one would think that more than a few outfitters would be set up to place handicap hunters along these fields such that they could take elk, and deer for that matter, especially with a firearm.
          I would think so! And yes, looking for a rifle hunt, not bow. Also, preference is not high fence.

If anyone has outfitter that they don’t want to put out for the masses to see, shoot me a pm with info.

Comment

Private land on eastern Wyoming could be the way to go. A lot of big ranches with SXS transportation. With new elk areas he may be able to draw in the east side. Not much accesible public land there.

Comment

Broadmouth Canyon Ranch, Idaho i hunted there a couple years ago. They mentioned they put a guy in a wheelchair on one. It was an awesome experience. Tell them what your restrictions are and they will deliver.

Comment

My buddy sent me this a couple days ago. We have no affiliation or knowledge other than the post.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                  My buddy sent me this a couple days ago. We have no affiliation or knowledge other than the post.
                  Is That’s wutI’mtalk’nbout!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                    Broadmouth Canyon Ranch, Idaho i hunted there a couple years ago. They mentioned they put a guy in a wheelchair on one. It was an awesome experience. Tell them what your restrictions are and they will deliver.
                    Perfect. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                      And I thought macoop was king of the hunting/bedroom blinds. Move over Mark !

Comment

Bump any other recommendations

Comment

I like the hunt plains outfitter. We have special needs son that is 29 and this would be a dream hunt for us. Only problem would be meat storage and we’d probably have to drive up there to bring game back. Shipping is insane. I also like that is high fence and I can rattle a corn bucket and take my pick. All kidding aside I’d love to go on a backcountry trip. Afraid it would be too much for my boy.

Comment

Working...
                          X