Feeder batteries, anybody ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeder batteries, anybody ever?

Used two 6v in series in stead of a 12v battery? I'm tired of buying junk 12v batteries that only last one year or less.

Yes I do it all the time

Comment

Have you found some good 6V that will last longer? Mind sharing what kind.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
        Have you found some good 6V that will last longer? Mind sharing what kind.
        No I haven't, but I have 2 other feeders that are 6v. I have spares for them I can use since seasons almost over

Comment

I have found its all in the charger, those crappy little square ones that go into an outlet suck. I have been using this one for three years and my feeder batteries (I also use them on my trail cameras) are still going strong. every two months for feeders and one month for cameras I rotate batteries. I have extras, then put them in my feeders and cameras and bring the others back and recharge them for the next month.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post

No I haven't, but I have 2 other feeders that are 6v. I have spares for them I can use since seasons almost over
            So the 6V are made at the same place the 12 volts are. You are just now buying two junk batteries to replace the one junk battery in the future. Odd that ou have so many 12V go bad in a year. Mine usually last 3-5 years on a solar panel.

Comment

Duracell makes a 12 v, I use interstate , but I bet u that Duracell is great.

Comment

Yall may not believe this but I have the same rechargeable 6v on my feeder since I put it up in 21.

Comment

I ran the same 4 batteries in my feeders from 2014-2020. I would take the batteries out and clean the connectors and wire leads. Tested the solar panel with a volt meter to ensure it was putting out what it was designed to do. I am not sure if that was the reason for lasting or not. They were bought from Lyssy and Echel feed store. I did have one go bad but the battery swelled up and leaked. They replaced it after a year of use. Said they had a bad batch and were replacing them for free.

Comment

I have also had good luck with my feeder batteries that i purchase from Lyssy and Eckel. Normally get 4-5 years with Solar Panel

Comment

I started using the 12v lithium batteries in my feeders and so far so good. They are meant to handle discharge and recharge a whole lot better than the normal lead acid

Comment

I just need to get thru the next 2 weeks. I don't have a solar panel. The coons tear them up. I even ran the wire through steel flex conduit. They tore that up too. I'll work on a tougher setup after the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                          I have found its all in the charger, those crappy little square ones that go into an outlet suck. I have been using this one for three years and my feeder batteries (I also use them on my trail cameras) are still going strong. every two months for feeders and one month for cameras I rotate batteries. I have extras, then put them in my feeders and cameras and bring the others back and recharge them for the next month.
                          https://www.amazon.com/MOTOPOWER-MP0...826774&sr=8-10
                          Are you also running solar panels on the feeders or does this swap out method eliminate the need for them?

I added a solar panel to one of my feeders - pre season- to only find it isn’t putting out any juice now. Under 6 months old.
                          Im gonna add meter testing my solar panels when filling feeders to the lust.

Comment

I've been running a (2) 6V battery setup (parallel) since Aug 2022 in both of my feeders. Each feeder has a solar panel on it and the only issues I have had has been with one solar panel going bad. I'm also running the same setup on my game cameras (6V cameras) and they have had no problems either.

Comment

Screw the solar panel to the back of the timer box.

Comment

Working...
                              X