No announcement yet.

2024 Crappie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apologies to whoever’s wife called looking to book a trip on Conroe!! I can’t help you but here on N Conroe they were picky today! They had 42 when we called it a day but they were hard to come by for sure!! Work tomorrow and head to Rend Lake Illinois for Crappie Masters next week!

Comment

I think we need to change the name of this thread to "Slew's 2024 Crappie Thread" lmao. You givin them hail!

I've only been able to slip out a couple times so far this year. Haven't caught enough to write home about though.

Comment

N of Little Rock!! Hide Illinois slabs! Your next!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
          N Conroe showed out today!! They were done in 4 hours! Had multi day trips next week with folks from Houston that got flooded out. Thoughts and prayers go out to them but with that said my next week is wide open during the week and they’re chomping!
          Dang, Todd, I had to look twice at that picture, I thought it was R.J. Old fat man with a white ‘stache, you can see how I could make that mistake.

Comment

Fished OH Ivie this weekend between dodging rain storms we put a few fish in the boat they were on big hardwoods off the main channel in 18-20FOW most trees were good for two fish. After two if you didn’t get a third bite pretty quick bounce to the next

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
              Fished OH Ivie this weekend between dodging rain storms we put a few fish in the boat they were on big hardwoods off the main channel in 18-20FOW most trees were good for two fish. After two if you didn’t get a third bite pretty quick bounce to the next
              I need to come up there and fish that lake

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post

Dang, Todd, I had to look twice at that picture, I thought it was R.J. Old fat man with a white ‘stache, you can see how I could make that mistake.

Ha!! He called and booked a trip yesterday actually!! Up in Illinois trying to find some fish before the storms get here! I think June 26-27 are my earliest openings right now! Weathers nice here! Heard quail in the woods this morning.

Comment

10 fish over 10” up here and 15 under per person!! Some of these unders wouldn’t grow a good tomato! They’re all lucky and getting thrown back. Post spawn and skinny as heck is all we can find so far!

Comment

Prefishing is about over thankfully!! Glad even the small ones are fun to catch too or this place would be boring!! We know where we’re gonna start but I don’t feel like we’re on anything. Post spawn bite and the water came up a good bit and has them scattered!

Comment

Went solo this morning and had a dozen nice keepers on brush 12'-22'. Dropped a couple piles in as well.

Man I gotta budget for an ultrex so I can stay on the hot spot better,

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                        Went solo this morning and had a dozen nice keepers on brush 12'-22'. Dropped a couple piles in as well.

Man I gotta budget for an ultrex so I can stay on the hot spot better,
                        You'll wonder how you fished without it!!!

Comment

Good guys in the lead after day one! IDK if we can do it again tomorrow but we’re sure gonna try!!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Slew; 05-17-2024, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Congratulations on the day 1 lead, keep it up!

Comment

Good guys win again! I’ve been wanting a fish trophy for years!! First place is a good one to start with!!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X