I wanna come home…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanna come home…

I know it’s par for the course up here but… this ol Texas boy ain’t built for this kind of nonsense

“ oh, we need to start moving that rig Thursday mornin, can you be there to watch over the crane and rigging side of it?”
    ummmmmmm, only if I can see it from my da*n townhouse
    Attached Files

Oh wow! That looks pretty miserable!
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

That's why they pay you the big bucks!

Comment

I was in cranes and rigging and you would have been outta luck unless you own your own! Only coming from a TX hand

Comment

I guess if there is a bright side to that, at least the wind ain't going to be bad. It's 22 degrees here blowing snow and gusts up to 75mph. I just got home. Visibility is about 55 yards at best. I couldn't see past the front of my vehicle most of the drive home. There's always a possibility you'll get in a crash any day of the week. Those chances seemed slightly higher today than normal.
          Last edited by okrattler; 01-08-2024, 03:56 PM.

Comment

No thanks!! Can't do those temps...I happened to be in NW Missouri when the 89 freeze hit. Didn't know it was coming & don't ever wanna experience that kinda cold again.

It's crazy hot today in the 90's...front should arrive after dark.

Good luck!!

Comment

Im in Pennsylvania and the coldest ive ever been was in Sabinal one January. Texas is a different type of cold.

Comment

Yup. By the time it gets down here it’s been purified

Comment

Looks like our upcoming forecast here in Montana. Are you working out in North Dakota?

Comment

Originally posted by EZ-10RANCH View Post
                    Looks like our upcoming forecast here in Montana. Are you working out in North Dakota?
                    yessir, just started my 2 week hitch just across the border in the Williston/Tioga/Watford City area

Comment

Lol.....and you have a southern pitched wind!!! Yep, that would be chilly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                        I was in cranes and rigging and you would have been outta luck unless you own your own! Only coming from a TX hand
                        Well….. I don’t have to be out operating the cranes anymore but I am responsible for all hoisting and rigging for North Dakota. My presence is USUALLY all that’s required

Comment

I did 3 winters expanding a gas plant for Saddle Butte Pipeline 8 or so miles south of Watford City. Targa ended up buying the plant mid build. Winters were brutal. We saw 58 mile an hour winds one of those winters. Shut the job down for 3 days. -50's windchill -25 ambient. BUURRRRRRitos

Comment

I spent a year in the Williston, ND, and Sydney, MT area back in ‘81-‘82. I had a lot of fun, drank a lot of booze, learned a few things, one for sure that I didn’t want to live there. So, I found me a ND farm girl, married her, and we hit the road for Texas. That was 42 years ago and the only thing I still have from that time is her. It sure was chilly up there !

Comment

My definition of Hell…

Comment

Working...
                              X