Rechargeable spotlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rechargeable spotlight

The hogs on our place are completely nocturnal and I plan to spotlight them in February, looking for recommendations for a good reasonably priced rechargeable spotlight.

I've got a Stanley Fat Max that works really well, but that bright white light tends to scare spook them pretty bad. I have gone to using a scope with an illuminated reticle and a laser designator by Laser Genetics that doesn't seem to spook them near as bad s that spotlight. Combine that with the Elusive Wildlife solar powered kill lights and it's dead pig time.

Comment

I recently picked up a cheap everstart spotlight at Wal-Mart that works great and is super bright. It's light and recharges quickly via usb. Gone are the days of a 45lb cigarette lighter unit!

Comment

I have 20v Dewalt tools and several batteries. Picked up their handheld spotlight, works fine, I haven’t used it for long distance, it’s led and uses the 20 volt batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
          I have 20v Dewalt tools and several batteries. Picked up their handheld spotlight, works fine, I haven’t used it for long distance, it’s led and uses the 20 volt batteries.
          If you don’t mind giving an update when you do see how far it reaches.

I’ve thought about getting one since I have a few tools, but don’t know how far I’d be able to see.

saying that, it’s hard to beat my Sniper Hog Light 66.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post

I’ve thought about getting one since I have a few tools, but don’t know how far I’d be able to see.

Water tower @600 yards up the hill. I’ll go out after dark and see if I can read it.

Comment

The $50 Braun yelllow spot light at harbor freight is bad to the bone. 6000 lumens and the high will light it up and give ya a few hours run time.

Comment

Flashlight technology has come a long way the last few years. I have several Surefire lights that do things that most spotlights will do, and I have an O-Light that puts out an absolutely ridiculous amount of light. Just saying, you can get a much smaller package than a traditional spotlight that will adequately luminate the area without having something too bulky.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post

It will brighten the water tower (painted beige), but doesn't really help with reading the CO-OP (Bethesda). Line of trees 2-300 yards away, does a decent job of illumination.

Comment

I have the led panel light that runs off of Dewalt batteries and it’s legit. Has a flood and spot setting and will shine a lot farther than I could shoot

Comment

Working...
                    X