Ribs on the Pit Boss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post

Settle down, big guy. Don’t want you to hurt yourself.
    Dammit man! I knew that was gonna pull you outta the woodwork! lol!

Comment

Those look awesome. I think Ribs are the best protein to cook on a pellet smoker by far. It`s a thin cut of meat that the smoke can really penetrate and add flavor unlike something like a pork butt which I will never cook on one.

Comment

Making my mouth water! Guess im headed for lunch now!

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
          I do similar on baby backs and St. Louis but 3 hrs smoked 1 hr wrapped and 30 minutes with sauce uncovered and they have come out consistently good. I have Rec Tec and also use a smoke tube for extra smoke. Also at 225, almost idiot proof. Haven't done the butter brown sugar and honey but does sound good. I like the fat too much to trim but do remove membrane from bottom of them.
          I think I’m going this route next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post

I think I’m going this route next time.
            I also use Head Country Apple Habanero sauce which to us has a great flavor on the ribs. I know some don't believe in putting sauce on them but we like it that way, good and sticky.....

Comment

Looks Great. My Son In Law has one of these pits. Picked it up at Menards...Cooks Great

Comment

Those look reslly great!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                  Those look awesome. I think Ribs are the best protein to cook on a pellet smoker by far. It`s a thin cut of meat that the smoke can really penetrate and add flavor unlike something like a pork butt which I will never cook on one.
                  Ribs and Chicken

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post

Ribs and Chicken
                    I agree, I tried a brisket on it, about a 7 out of 10. That’s ok though, because we aren’t too fond of brisket and in case we do want some, there’s a great BBQ place right up the road. Pork butts aren’t my thing either, but we do love ribs and chicken on the Pit Boss. Link sausage, pork chops, etc. I’m the first to admit I’m not a cook. The pellet grill is to cooking like the MIG welder is to welding, it makes us look better than we are.

Comment

Looks good!! We had ribs for New Year’s Day!

Comment

Working...
                      X