Liberty Fat Boy S&G lock issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liberty Fat Boy S&G lock issue

So, my keypad is dead. Totally. Out in a new battery and nothing. The safe is 8 years old so I got out the owners manual and lo and behold they don’t warranty the paint or locking device. Everything else is covered.
    So I called a locksmith and was told that more than likely the keypad was shot after 8 years. He said I would probably have to buy a new keypad from them, Liberty, and they could install it for $225.00.
    Dammit man! Does anyone else think that’s outrageous? Have any of you experienced the same keypad outage and necessary replacement? If so please post up and help all of us out!

Bruce...the key pad should lift off of two screws and the pad should disconnect via a jack or plug. If you have the serial#/bill of sale contact the mfg and they should put you in the right direction. If possible, get rid of the digital pad and have a Amsec dial installed. A bit of a pain to open by dialing. But they rarely fail and are EMP proof. Behind the keypad occasionally there is a keyhole for a skeleton type key to override the keypad. You might get lucky if you have that key.

Comment

I'll never have a keypad again since mine locked me out. Had it swapped out for a dial and have never regretted it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
        Bruce...the key pad should lift off of two screws and the pad should disconnect via a jack or plug. If you have the serial#/bill of sale contact the mfg and they should put you in the right direction. If possible, get rid of the digital pad and have a Amsec dial installed. A bit of a pain to open by dialing. But they rarely fail and are EMP proof. Behind the keypad occasionally there is a keyhole for a skeleton type key to override the keypad. You might get lucky if you have that key.
        Hey bro. Yes the locksmith said the sell both the S&G and the AmSec. Said the AmSec was the better of the two and that they put those on their higher end safe.

Comment

So the dial is like having a combo lock?

Comment

Yes. It will be all mechanical. left , right,left, right.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
              Yes. It will be all mechanical. left , right,left, right.
              I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed…… how does this exactly work with an electronic release mechanism?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post

I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed…… how does this exactly work with an electronic release mechanism?
                The internal interlock need to be changed in order for the change to take place. It is much more than just changing a dial. Which is why a locksmith is warranted.

Comment

Working...
                X