Using yote sounds to call yotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using yote sounds to call yotes

Wanting to mix things up beyond distress calls, but not sure about “speaking yote” in early Jan?

I’ve had luck with pup distress in late spring/early summer, but beyond that, I have no idea what to use

have a convergent bullet and fox pro Firefox id that helps

Mating season should be starting up, so vocalizations around this I think would would be worth a try.

Comment

Watch Randy Anderson videos. He definitely speaks the language.

Comment

I start out with coyote breeding sounds or sounds of a coyote that wants to breed and end with more aggressive sounds like there's a territory battle going on. If you hear a coyote barking and raising heck, mimic that sound or get as close as you can to it. There's a good chance that coyote is warning the other coyote ( you ) to go away. If it gets challenged back there's a chance it'll come in looking to fight. If you hear nothing that doesn't mean a coyote isn't coming in. I've had coyotes never make a sound and come in ready to fight. A lot of times they'll give some indication that they're there but other times they don't.

I do sequences that might trigger anything that coyote might be feeling. Whether it's breeding, eating or fighting. I play the breeding sounds first because it's a not aggressive. If the only coyote that hears you is a lover or a fat boy and you play fight sounds right off the bat it ain't gonna come in because it's scared of a fight or a rabbit don't make that noise. You might trigger a response from a dominant coyote with either mating sounds or the sound of food too. If that doesn't do it the fighting might get it moving in your direction.

If you hear coyotes talking back to you and nothing comes in, move closer to where they're at. They do have boundary lines that they absolutely will not cross. They don't want to get their butt whooped.
        Last edited by okrattler; 01-06-2024, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Mel Blanc was the guy that did all the voices of Looney Toon cartoons including Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Foghorn Leghorn, and the gang. He had no idea, in 1950, that he created an outstanding coyote call with the addition of this barking little puppy. Link to cartoon below. I have mimicked his high pitched puppy yap, good and loud, over 30 years with excellent results.

Comment

Working...
          X