F-150 engine auto start/stop???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F-150 engine auto start/stop???

Is there a way to permanently disable the engine auto start/stop feature?

I see on the internet they sell a wiring device that overrides it or something. Anyone had any luck with that?

I bought the disable module and it works great.

Comment

Forscan I think can take care of it. Google forscan, F150, and autostart, You should get a bunch of hits from the forscan forums.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
        Forscan I think can take care of it. Google forscan, F150, and autostart, You should get a bunch of hits from the forscan forums.
        I used forscan to disable mine. Was able to change a lot of other things as well. Youtube has a lot of great videos.

Comment

After 2-3 days getting irked on the one Co truck, punching the override button was just part of starting the truck procedure after turning the key...got to the point I would attempt it when starting other vehicles.

Comment

My SIL disconnected a wire on mine to stop the AutoStart. It was a wire that made the truck think a trailer was attached, but that disables the side warning device that lets you know if a car is in the blind spot.

Comment

Forscan is worth every penny. Wish I’d have it sooner. You can do all kinds of things, like disabling the orchestra of beeping every time you start your truck and the idiotic automatic locking doors. I watched YouTube videos on how to do it. Very easy. I can’t recommend it enough on these newer fords.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  After 2-3 days getting irked on the one Co truck, punching the override button was just part of starting the truck procedure after turning the key...got to the point I would attempt it when starting other vehicles.
                  Same protocol here.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Bone View Post
                    Forscan is worth every penny. Wish I’d have it sooner. You can do all kinds of things, like disabling the orchestra of beeping every time you start your truck and the idiotic automatic locking doors. I watched YouTube videos on how to do it. Very easy. I can’t recommend it enough on these newer fords.
                    I was always able to disable the door locks and the seat belt minders with instructions from the owner’s manual.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post

I was always able to disable the door locks and the seat belt minders with instructions from the owner’s manual.
                      The door locks don’t bother me so much. The seatbelt chime? That’s one of the first things that gets nuked. I’m not sure what the process is on a Ford but it’s pretty easy on a Ram.

As far as the stop/start crap, I’m in the same camp as just hitting the factory button. That’s annoying, even on vehicles where it’s allegedly “seamless”.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post

Mine is a 2018. You can undo the seatbelt charm, but not the door locks in that year model. Forscan is the only way. If I end up with another ford in the future, I’ll do the same the day I drive it home.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Bone View Post

Mine is a 2018. You can undo the seatbelt charm, but not the door locks in that year model. Forscan is the only way. If I end up with another ford in the future, I’ll do the same the day I drive it home.
                          My last F 150 was a 2018. It took me numerous tries to get it right but I disabled the door locks also with instructions from the owner’s manual. It took so many tries to get the chimes off I had to do it on three different days, it ****** me off so much. Almost wore the seat belt latch out ! Thank goodness there is no silly engine on/off on an F 250.

Comment

Like others said, Forescan will disable it. I just did mine the other week. Button doesn’t even register anything when I punch it. Also turned off all the chimes when I open my door, seat belt beeper, set it so my dog lights stay on when my high beams are on… the higher trim level you go, the more stuff there is to modify and change.

Comment

When I had an F150 with that, I depressed the button, and shoved a dime on the top to keep it depressed. Worked like a charm.

Comment

Working...
                              X