pope and young measurer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pope and young measurer?

having trouble finding someone to measure the buck i shot this year in houston... does anyone know of an official pope and young measurer that will actually respond to phone calls etc?

What part of Houston are you in? Also, the way I read that message is you shot it in Houston.

edit: I see you're in Magnolia. Let me do some digging.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhica View Post
      What part of Houston are you in? Also, the way I read that message is you shot it in Houston.

edit: I see you're in Magnolia. Let me do some digging.
      Apologies I am in magnolia… deer was shot in Edwards country…. My phones been all kinds of weird…I have found two people that are registered but neither have answered nor returned phone calls

Comment

A long shot but if you ever get up around the Temple/Belton area, I can measure it for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
          A long shot but if you ever get up around the Temple/Belton area, I can measure it for you!
          Will someone school me on what it takes to become a Pope and Young measurer?

Also, Slinger, how's the hunting been out in east Bell county these past few years?​

Comment

Pics Op Pics

Comment

Originally posted by GroceryGetter View Post

Also, Slinger, how's the hunting been out in east Bell county these past few years?​
              I applied to P&Y once to become a measurer. Since I was already a LSBA scorer, and Texas Big Games Scorer I though why not become a P&Y scorer. Got a message that they did not need any new scorers in my area (West Texas) at that time. Apply and see what they say.

Comment

Sent you a pm

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                  Pics Op Pics
                  Apologies… was taken off the famous jackrabbit lease in Rocksprings 131 2/8”

Comment

186lbs on the hoof

Comment

Don't forget that any B&C scorer can also score for P&Y. May help your search.

Comment

Originally posted by GroceryGetter View Post

A Pope and Young measuring school is 3 or 4 days if I remember correctly.

Hunting here has been slow, lots of greenery still on the ground but they are still coming to the feeders. Nothing worth shooting for me yet but a lot of does, fawns and yearling plus quiet a few young bucks. Had a really nice 8 show in the brush yesterday, but did not get a shot. Trying to get a good freind his first kill with his crossbow.

Comment

Congrats on a nice one.

Comment

Texas big game scorers are everywhere. Google = Texas big game scorer list. The list has names, location and ph numbers of scorers.

Comment

Working...
                            X