Best Binos $5-700?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Binos $5-700?

Took my older pair to the coast to keep on the boat. Looking for a good pair of 10x42 or 10x50 if they are rather compact. Thanks.

I sold my Vortex Vipers for a set of Swarovski binos and to be honest I can’t really tell a difference. I would not hesitate to buy another pair of Vortex. On the higher side I’d go Vortex Razors. You cannot beat the vortex warranty

Comment

$ for $, Vortex is rarely a bad option when it comes to optics.

Comment

I have a pair of Swaro SLCs and have used several different binos in the Vortex Viper line and there is not much of a noticeable difference. In my opinion that line and the razors if you want to spend a little more money are great for the price.

Comment

I would go Leupold in that price range, unless you can find a lightly used set of Swaro’s.

Comment

kind of no mans land in that price range. I have used the Steiner Predator line in that range and found them good. I have not used GPO but they offer some in that range, Go a little lower you can get Kowa BD II. I have a pair in 8x I use bow hunting. A little higher Steiner HX or Zeiss conquest. I would wait on sales.

Comment

These are great for the money https://cameralandny.com/shop/brands...iation=2075634

These are awesome and will hang with the alpha glass. https://cameralandny.com/shop/brands...iation=2775153

Comment

I agree with everyone above. The difference between $500 and $1000 is almost nothing.
                The difference between $500 and $1500 is first and last light.
                I have been able to see deer through my binos that I could not see through my scope...

Comment

Leupold BX-4 Pro Guide HD

Comment

I have Nikon Monarchs and Vortex Vipers...I prefer the Nikons

Comment

Look for some Brunton Epoch's on EBAY.

Comment

In that price range Hands down Vortex..

And for the record I own optics made by Nikon, Vortex, Ziess, Lieca, Kahles, Leupold, Burris and Sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                          I agree with everyone above. The difference between $500 and $1000 is almost nothing.
                          The difference between $500 and $1500 is first and last light.
                          I have been able to see deer through my binos that I could not see through my scope...
                          Honestly if you took the label off, and all brands looked the same, 99.9% of hunters could not tell you the brand simply by what they see when looking through them.

Sometimes some of the most expensive things can be the biggest junk.
                          It can be expensive to learn things.
                          Last edited by PondPopper; 12-29-2023, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                            I would go Leupold in that price range, unless you can find a lightly used set of Swaro’s.
                            I bought the Leupold BX- Pro Guide HD’s this year and they are really good. I know some higher end binoculars are better, but Midway USA has the 10x50 on sale for $500. You can’t beat that deal.

Comment

In the $500 price range, Leopold BX-4 pro guide hd or Maven C1. Any Vortex binocular or scope under $800 sucks in low light conditions compared to other glass.

Comment

Working...
                              X