Sorry, Colorado Elk and Deer Hunters. You can't fix stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, Colorado Elk and Deer Hunters. You can't fix stupid

Colorado releases first 5 wolves as controversial reintroduction program moves forward (foxnews.com)

Hopefully hunters and ranchers kill these bastages before the New Year!

I'd say that's not the first 5 wolves that are in Colorado right now.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
      I'd say that's not the first 5 wolves that are in Colorado right now.
      First released

Comment

Im sure they'll manage to get by.

Comment

Wonder why they released them in Grand co. instead of where they said it was going to be? Colorado isn't the same state I grew up in.

Comment

Whoohoo,

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              Colorado releases first 5 wolves as controversial reintroduction program moves forward (foxnews.com)

Hopefully hunters and ranchers kill these bastages before the New Year!
              Why are people getting their panties all in a bunch over wolves in Colorado?
              my only concern would be them further damage the mule deer numbers, but most western states manage for high elk numbers which definitely don’t help mule deer numbers

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post

my only concern would be them further damage the mule deer numbers, but most western states manage for high elk numbers which definitely don’t help mule deer numbers
                You don't think introducing an apex predator is going to have devastating effects on moose, elk and deer numbers? And livestock!

Look at Montana and Idaho and how fast they wolves started wiping out the elk and deer herds in certain areas.

Why do you think they were eradicated years ago?

Might as well bring some grizz back in too​

Comment

Reintroduce a few T-rex also. Poor little fellows have to eat.

Serious note - That will be a huge win for PETA type people soon.

Comment

Glad they picked this location. It should buy a few more years until they get to our location.

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post

Elk and Mule Deer don't necessarily overlap. The lack of non-impacted browse is the primary cause of the declining numbers (40 years or more of decline), and is the same reason the Sage Grouse is disappearing. Lack of roadless area's free of human impact is the main cause. Fences, substations, oil wells, homes, etc...

Colorado runs it's state biology by the ballot box, not by current science and best management practices.

Comment

At a statewide level, wolves are unlikely to have a major impact on overall big game populations or hunting opportunities in Colorado

Comment

LOL, Fort Collins, the Austin/Madison/Ann Arbor/Berkley of Colorado....

I am done listening to "experts". 2 weeks to stop the spread pretty much did it for me....

Comment

funny how it skipped over that there are only two states with expanding moose populations… wonder what they had in common.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post

funny how it skipped over that there are only two states with expanding moose populations… wonder what they had in common.
                            How fuggin ridiculous is it to think the wolves are not going to have a major impact on wildlife! 1 wolf will kill 20 elk and/or deer per year on average. Might seem small at first, until the wolf population explodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post

How fuggin ridiculous is it to think the wolves are not going to have a major impact on wildlife! 1 wolf will kill 20 elk and/or deer per year on average. Might seem small at first, until the wolf population explodes.
                              every state had a massive elk and moose decline after wolf introduction. Co has the healthiest moose population in the lower 48, unfortunately that fact will be quickly lost in next decade. Regardless we both know there will never be wolf management.

Write it down a decade from now there will be 30% reduction in elk tags for NR’s,

Comment

Working...
                              X