Randy Brent (Burnadel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Randy Brent (Burnadel)

Has anybody heard how Randy is doing. Heard he was having a rough go of it.

Randy passed away for his bout with cancer a couple weeks ago.

Comment

We just received news from Dee ( Randy’s wife) that he is in Longview Regional Hospital ICU. He went in to cardiac arrest yesterday and currently is in a coma. The next 72 hours will be critical so let’s all do our part and pray for a man that has prayed so much for us. For those that don’t know his name is

Comment

R.I.P. Randy

Comment

I'm having a hard time accepting Burnsy is gone...this next Bownanza is going to be awkward without his presence.

Randy was the one who kept pestering & pinching for us to go & was one of the first to meet...like others have stated upon initial introductions with Randy, it was instant friendship & like picking up where you left off from a friendly thread. For those who had only the online vibe with Burnsy, he was so much more in person. I only saw him once a year & yet it's hard to type through the blurry screen. Close friends & family lost so much & have our prayers.

I don't know how he was able to always spy me first once rolling into College Station every year, but it was always the same regardless if it was across an empty parking lot, crowded lobby or early AM on Saturday...he had that booming voice & would bellow out a loud 'PABLO'!!

He also was my mentor on post nanza activities back at the hotel on how to stay up too late & tell lies...Burnsy can dance with the likes of Farmdog on story telling & that says a lot!!

I miss my friend.

Comment

OBITUARY

Randy Brint

JANUARY 6, 1947 – NOVEMBER 23, 2023

IN THE CARE OF Lakeview Funeral Home & Memorial Gardens

Randy Brint , 76, passed away November 23, 2023, in Longview. Randy was the son of

Sylvia Marjorie Landreth and Ruel Wood Brint, the baby brother to Ben Brint, and big brother-by-love to

his wife Dee's baby brother, Don Gatlin.

In 1968, he tied the knot with his high school love, Dee Gatlin. For 55 years of marriage and 59 years as

sweethearts, Randy and Dee’s love and devotion has served as an inspiration to everyone who knew

them. He adored his sons and daughters-in-law, Jeff and Mandy Brint of The Colony, Texas, Jason Brint

and Sheri Jennings of Portland, Oregon, and his beloved "little buddy", his grandson Sebastian 17 of

Portland, Oregon.

Randy graduated from Rice University in 1969 with a Bachelor of Commerce degree and entered the

world of banking where he enjoyed great success for the next 24 years. From Dallas to San Antonio and

back again, and finally Longview, Randy climbed the banking ladder. He achieved the role of bank

president before later switching careers to become a Financial Advisor, concluding with a 26-year career

at Edward Jones. All but 24 of his 76 years of life were spent in the White Oak community

that he loved dearly.

Randy is survived by his wife Dee Brint, brother Ben Brint and Dee’s brother and brother-in-law Don Gatlin and Terry Caplan, Dee’s sisters and brother-in-law Patti Snyder Harwell and David Harwell and Jeannie Dollahite,

his niece Kimberley Brint Williams and her son Cole, his nephews and their wives: Todd and Laura

Howell, Corey Howell, and Chuck and Lori Robinson and numerous grandnephews and a grandniece and

their families. He was preceded in death by his parents and sister-in-law Grety VanDyk Brint.

Randy's heart recognized no boundaries, respecting every soul regardless of race, sexual orientation, or

religion. His legacy is one of love and acceptance. He has multiple enduring friendships across the

country including those in the TBH Forum. His loyalty, wit, and love will forever echo in our hearts.

Private graveside services for the family and a Celebration-of-Life will be held on December 17, 2023

Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.lakeviewfh.com for the Brint family.​

Comment

Still hard to believe he's gone. Rest in peace, Friend.

Comment

Don't get on here enough, hate to hear this.

Comment

Working...
                X