No announcement yet.

Cataract surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the lady’s name from Mann Eye Center? My son is having surgery there Friday.

Comment

I did mine 4 years ago. Went with PanOptix Trifocal Lenses

The Alcon PanOptix® lenses are the newest FDA-approved version of multifocal Intraocular lenses (IOLs) for cataract surgery. IOLs are artificial lenses placed in your eyes to promote clear vision.

The PanOptix intraocular lens is made of hydrophobic acrylic material with 15 refractive rings.1 The lens is placed in the posterior chamber of the eye after removing the natural eye lens.

Unlike other IOLs that enable one or two types of vision, PanOptix Trifocal lenses enable clear distant, intermediate, and near vision.2

With PanOptix lenses, you can perform daily activities like watching TV, reading, or driving without needing your glasses or contacts.

Comment

Look into Supersight http://doctorvish.com/

Comment

Prayers up for a safe & successful surgery Wick.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
            What is the lady’s name from Mann Eye Center? My son is having surgery there Friday.
            I believe her name is Laurie. My wife had Lasik done in 2020 and we worked with her on getting it setup.

But I dont see recent activity with the Mann Eye user, so not sure if they are still on here.

LASIK at Mann Eye Institute and hunting, a match made in outdoor heaven! Picture this: No more fumbling for your glasses or dealing with annoying contact lenses during your summer hunts. Get ready to take your vision to the next level. No glasses, no fuss, just pure clarity and precision with LASIK at Mann Eye.

J
            Last edited by JhuntsAlot; 03-19-2024, 08:35 AM. Reason: Added links to past posts.

Comment

Pretty sure it was Ashley but that may have been long ago.

Comment

My surgery was moved from April 25th to May 6th. 😢

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                  Prayers up for a safe & successful surgery Wick.
                  Thank you David- I took a hiatus from the internet for 40 days so I’m just now getting back to this. I went with Whitsett eye center ( Katy) with Dr. Mickey. It’s been a 6 weeks since completion of both eyes . My case is a little different than most due to having chronic dry eyes before the surgeries . My right eye was first and it healed quickly with 20/20 distance vision. My left eye is the driest of the two so it’s taking it quite a bit longer to completely heal - but I also have 20/20 with it about 5 hours / day because it dries out so badly ,so my best part of the day is from whenever I wake up until around 5 pm. I received some protein eye drops last week to promote healing and they are working . I can not say enough great things about Whitlett! They have their act together 150 percent. When you get to their office the longest wait has been 15 minutes- they are ready for you ! Their staff is very professional , respectful and they have awesome communication. Now for Dr.McKey- this man absolutely knows what he’s doing and has great bed side manners. I always watch my surgeons hands though out my visits to see how steady they are before I let them cut on me and Dr. McKey is a rock. The surgical center staff is awesome though the complex is a bit dated but very clean and super organized with everyone being super positive. I’m still trying to get used to reader glasses but I do keep them strapped around my neck and I don’t go anywhere without them. At this point I am still having to use my verifier peep glass but I think within a month I should be able to do away with it- if not, no big deal because I’m back to being able to shoot with both eyes open with no blurred vision. I have Zero floaters

KATY EAST __________________________________________________ KATY EAST Location & Hours Meet Our Doctors
                  Last edited by Bucknaked; 04-03-2024, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Glad to hear you are healing good Wick!

Comment

Great to hear from you again Wick. I’m glad that your procedures went well and continue to improve. The good news is that we are reaching the age that we can consider our selves reaching the Golden Years. The bad news is that the Golden Years are t that golden and getting old ain’t for sissies.😡😡
                      Last edited by Gumbo Man; 04-03-2024, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bowmansdad View Post
                        My surgery was moved from April 25th to May 6th. 😢
                        That may be a Blessing. I was scheduled for cataract surgery and the week before it, I went to my doctor for the last-minute routine and got fizzed off because they all left and the janitor found me in the room. I canceled that doctor (well-known and respected in the Clear Lake area). I then went to a different doctor and she said, "What cataracts). I suggest a 2nd opinion.
                        This past Feb 29, I was told I had cancer in the thyroid. Guess what, upon removal of my thyroid, there was no cancer. the surgery should not have taken place, I didn't take my own advice.

Comment

Went for my preop exam yesterday, testing was excellent, they checked all the bases for me. I was planning on fixing my far vision and wearing readers but hit a snag.
                          Astigmatism in my right eye is bad enough that I’ll need the Toric lense to compensate for it, other eye will get the basic lense and I’ll need readers for close work. I’m really pleased with Dr. Marshall and his staff, come on May 6th!

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bowmansdad View Post
                              Went for my preop exam yesterday, testing was excellent, they checked all the bases for me. I was planning on fixing my far vision and wearing readers but hit a snag.
                              Astigmatism in my right eye is bad enough that I’ll need the Toric lense to compensate for it, other eye will get the basic lense and I’ll need readers for close work. I’m really pleased with Dr. Marshall and his staff, come on May 6th!
                              I am surprised that the Toric lense you mentioned for the correction of your astigmatism won’t eliminate the need for reading glasses. I don’t understand all I know about the eyes. Did your doctor say why he/she would not be able to correct your near sightedness? Asking because I have the same issue, sans cataract.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post

I am surprised that the Toric lense you mentioned for the correction of your astigmatism won’t eliminate the need for reading glasses. I don’t understand all I know about the eyes. Did your doctor say why he/she would not be able to correct your near sightedness? Asking because I have the same issue, sans cataract.
                                I think he’s only getting Toric in one eye and the basic lens eye will need readers or at least that is how I read it

Comment

Working...
                                X