Why change usernames?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why change usernames?

Just curious what drives this or just for the heck of it?

I changed mine once back in 2009 I believe. Probably bc I couldn't figure out how to log in again so just set up a new account. Back then it wasn't so easy to remember/reset passwords or find your old login info. Sometimes people go through life changes and want their username to reflect the "new me". Maybe somebody gets divorces and doesn't want their user name to be BeckysLittleSugarPea anymore since they aren't married to Becky now.

Comment

Thanks. lol to beckyslittlesugarpea.

Comment

I wonder the same. I have had the same one since like 2001 when I first found this place. Whats more odd to me is the folks who use two or more usernames depending on what post they are replying to. seems kinda shady to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
          I wonder the same. I have had the same one since like 2001 when I first found this place. Whats more odd to me is the folks who use two or more usernames depending on what post they are replying to. seems kinda shady to me.
          lets get a suspect list

Comment

traditionally it has been to sneak back in after being banned

Comment

I had a different one when I joined. It was all I could think of the day I wanted to sign up, then a month later I went and met some members for a beer and they talked me into going to Bownanza, and I realized right then that I didn't want to have to explain that username 100 times...so I got Rudey to change it for me. Anyone remember Rudey?

Beer!

Comment

My so called friends had mine changed behind my back and I just kept it.

Comment

haha

Comment

When I joined I used the name of the broadheads I was using at the time. I changed to my name shortly after. I changed to my name. I figured I’d I put something out there I should own it. Not hide behind some screen name. I feel like it’s made more responsible with my posts. NOT more intelligent in the quality of posts, I just think about what I put out there more.

Comment

Mostly duckers and dodgers from what I can tell! Especially in the last year or so!

Comment

I've thought about changing mine since my son doesn't play sports anymore, he always wore number 7 at the time. I still may change it one of these days to my last name since someone already has my first name on here.

Comment

Sometimes you just want to change things. I’m drycreek on several different forums, but I couldn’t get that here when I joined because it was taken. I asked to change it but it’s still listed even though in ten years I’ve never seen a post with that name. Makes me suspect at the number of members listed. I figure if drycreek hasn’t posted in ten years he’s probably inactive or deceased.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                            My so called friends had mine changed behind my back and I just kept it.
                            who did you used to be?

Comment

Pond Popper speak

Comment

Working...
                              X