How tall is he?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How tall is he?

Trying to get him to 34" in my mind, but I'm just not sure..... Click image for larger version

Name:	axis.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	26620145

Beams aren’t that long. Not a lot of curve to them. Best guess 29 or so.
    Last edited by Sika; 10-24-2023, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Consider the rings on that barrel, if its a 55 gal, are 11" apart. 27"-29" main beam.

Comment

another side pic Click image for larger version

Name:	axis2.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	26620161

Comment

I'm terrible at judging axis

Comment

Sorry he's not 34" IMO. He MIGHT be 30" but I wouldn't be surprised he is 29" ish.

Comment

While we are at it, how about this one? Click image for larger version

Name:	axis3.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	26620179

Comment

For the 1st buck I’ve got him at 30 and just maybe at 31! A mature axis ranges from 35 to 39” at the shoulder 39 being great genetics and in their prime! The pics are a bit grainy but I think he is maybe 4 and his shoulder is at max 34” but more likely 33” ! If his head was tilted back to where his antlers were vertical then I’m saying that his antlers May be 10 inches max over his shoulder so that would put his height from bottom lip to tip at around 44” , deduct 13” from his bottom lip to his burrs and that would put him 31” max! The second buck is maybe 5 with a much deeper chest but I put him at 29-30”! They are so majestic that judging them can be very hard! Both beautiful specimens though
                Last edited by Bucknaked; 10-24-2023, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                  I’ve got him at 30 and just maybe at 31! A mature axis ranges from 35 to 39” at the shoulder 39 being great genetics and in their prime! The pics are a bit grainy but I think he is maybe 4 and his shoulder is at max 34” but more likely 33” ! If his head was tilted back to where his antlers were vertical then I’m saying that his antlers May be 10 inches max over his shoulder so that would put his height from bottom lip to tip at around 44” , deduct 13” from his bottom lip to his burrs and that would put him 31” max!
                  good info. Thanks!

Comment

My daughter has a 29/30 on the wall and your axis is much taller so I'll descent and say he's close if not 34.

Comment

My son has a 29” also and your first pic is much taller IMO.

We ain’t helping much are we ?

Comment

I believe he will get close to 34".....I say ground check him!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                          For the 1st buck I’ve got him at 30 and just maybe at 31! A mature axis ranges from 35 to 39” at the shoulder 39 being great genetics and in their prime! The pics are a bit grainy but I think he is maybe 4 and his shoulder is at max 34” but more likely 33” ! If his head was tilted back to where his antlers were vertical then I’m saying that his antlers May be 10 inches max over his shoulder so that would put his height from bottom lip to tip at around 44” , deduct 13” from his bottom lip to his burrs and that would put him 31” max! The second buck is maybe 5 with a much deeper chest but I put him at 29-30”! They are so majestic that judging them can be very hard! Both beautiful specimens though
                          I'm with you but would even discount all the math a little more bc in the one profile pic we have of now Buck #1, his legs are standing in the depression under the feeder while his head is up in the ledge eating thus I don't think his horn tips are even as high as they appear in the pic. Just saying

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post

I'm with you but would even discount all the math a little more bc in the one profile pic we have of now Buck #1, his legs are standing in the depression under the feeder while his head is up in the ledge eating thus I don't think his horn tips are even as high as they appear in the pic. Just saying
                            You Sir have a valid point! Daaaayngit

Comment

The buck with the red circle has been ground checked already.... from last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X