Youth Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth Weekend

We’ve hardly ever bothered with youth weekend at the beginning of the rifle season. For those in the area, are the kids legal to take a doe on youth weekend on non-mld land? This would be in Colorado County.

Yes. Subjected to mandatory harvest reporting

Comment

I appreciate it. My dad will be taking my daughter until I heal up and I don’t want either of them to get crossed up with Mr. Green Britches!

Comment

I’m really hoping it doesn’t come down to her getting a doe, but there’s not much movement there. It’s a small family place. I’ll be looking hard for a lease for her and my little boy for next season. It’s just not in the cards this year.

Comment

Nothing wrong with shooting a doe. Good luck to her and grandpa. And for you finding a family lease for your crew
          next year

BP

Comment

Kids can shoot bucks as well this weekend with a rifle! We hunt a heavily pressured area and some of our best hunts have been with our kids during youth weekend and also the extended youth season.

Comment

She normally waits til first weekend but hunts hard all season. She’s a really great kid but we had stuff happen this summer that kept me from having a good place for her to hunt. As for my little boy, he’s still on pig patrol this year. I appreciate the support.

Comment

Hoping this one shows up for my 9yo.

Comment

Working...
                X