High End 8K-10K Dollar Deer Lease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High End 8K-10K Dollar Deer Lease?

Anyone have a more expensive really nice deer lease? What kind of amenities do you have and what are your expectations? I might have an opportunity at a pasture that's going to be in that range and I'm curious if its worth it.
    Last edited by jt400; 10-23-2023, 06:56 AM.

Im pretty sure there are some guys here that pay more than that and still dont have an enclosed kitchen and sleep in a tough shed. But they aint there for butler and bottle service

Comment

Really just wondering what people are getting for this price now to see if its in line with this opportunity. This would not be me joining an existing lease but getting the leasing rights and filling it.
      Last edited by jt400; 10-23-2023, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Too many factors. # of hunters? Are existing hunters snobs, jackwagons, or idiots? I assume HF. A zillion questions. Each lease is different. Also for a price that high I'd assume they keep feeders filled for the hunters but?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          Too many factors. # of hunters? Are existing hunters snobs, jackwagons, or idiots? I assume HF. A zillion questions. Each lease is different. Also for a price that high I'd assume they keep feeders filled for the hunters but?
          10 hunters total. 0 Pre-existing hunters. Low Fence. Feed would be on each hunter. More or less wondering what people are getting for this price now.

Comment

Originally posted by jt400 View Post
            To be a little more specific. Hill Country. Lots of whitetail and axis.Some aoudad, sika and blackbuck. 2500+ acres with a lodge on a crystal clear lake (8+/- Acres) that's a dammed up creek. Springs flowing out of the hillsides. Very good fishing. 3 other houses near the lodge. Covered skinning rack, barn and walk-in cooler. Only kicker is you have access to the property but not the lodge area May-August.
            Sounds like 700 Springs ranch or part of it. If so I have 2 buddies on one of the pastures.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post

Sounds like 700 Springs ranch or part of it. If so I have 2 buddies on one of the pastures.
              Very similar

Comment

What’s the hunting history on that place? Neighbors? LO crazy or not?
                very expensive per person @ 8-10 k per and imo 2500 = 6 hunters max

Comment

For me it would depend on the quality of animals. And at the very minimum a decent living quarters if feed is left to the hunters. Also size of the pasture. Ranch keeps pastures maintained. I know guys on leases that pay less than this and get more. But if I was forking out 8-10 grand what I stated would be minimum.

Comment

Are all Exotics included with no Trophy Fee and is there a limit on the number of Exotics you can take!

Comment

For that $, I would expect a decent opportunity to kill a 150+ deer at least every couple years, a couple of exotics included every year. A good house to sleep in with all the normal amenities that a decent airbnb would have, including the cost of gas/electric. Grounds maintenance. I can see it being on the hunters to fill feeders and maintain blinds, but things like road/fence maintenance and shredding should be taken care of.

Comment

Really just wanting to compare what it is with what people already have to see if its in-line. The amenities are top notch with a nice lake at the lodge. Animals are typical hill country WT being 1 trophy, 1 management and 3 doe. Axis would likely be 1 trophy and 1 doe. Sika the same. The lodging is where the increased price would come from.

Comment

the biggest thing we are getting is roughly 800 acres per hunter, making the chances for a nice deer better. we have water and electricity, but no "amenities" like a lodge. We also have a guest rule that's about as flexible as it gets for a south texas lease. I enjoy bringing whoever I want and allowing the opportunity for them to shoot whatever I'd like for them to shoot.
                          A guest outside family has never killed a trophy on my spot, but I have enjoyed bringing many people that have killed our "culls" in the 130's as their first deer. for me, that's worth a lot to share the experience with people I care about.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            Im pretty sure there are some guys here that pay more than that and still dont have an enclosed kitchen and sleep in a tough shed. But they aint there for butler and bottle service
                            Hey I love my tough shed

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post

Hey I love my tough shed
                              And I love my rough shed

Comment

Working...
                              X