Quiet Air Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quiet Air Gun

We've got a great price on the Ruger 10/22 CO2 Air Rifle Kit. Get a great price and expert advice at Pyramyd for your next outdoor adventure!

Anyone know if this air gun is relatively quiet? I have a LOT of Eurasian collared dove that descend upon my feeder everyday and I thought it would be nice to take some of them out while waiting for deer.

I don’t really know but most air rifles I’ve owned and shot were loud enough to spook any deer in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
      I don’t really know but most air rifles I’ve owned and shot were loud enough to spook any deer in the area.
      Dang it! That's not what I was hoping to hear. Thanks.

Comment

My RWS is quieter than my Gamo but anything over 1200fps is going to make some noise. You might try shooting with the.muzzle inside the blind to muffle it some. Won't know til you try.

Comment

Says only 490fps

Comment

Accurate Airguns and quiet are like one boat that does everything

Comment

You are not going to be able to shoot doves with any airgun and NOT spook deer that are close by... The very sound of the impact of the pellet makes a heck of a racket all by itself. I have airguns that are totally quiet at the muzzle and I've shot numerous animals/birds from my bow stands, sometimes with deer present and they always spook. I'd never shoot when a target or potential future target animal is nearby. The gun in the pic is as as quiet as you can make an airgun. It makes 2 sounds. When you pull the trigger, the hammer hits the air release valve and you hear that metallic "Click". The only other sound is the sound of the pellet impact. A pellet going through a dove and impacting a rock on the ground is going to make a pretty big noise.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6222.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	26608009

Comment

My son won a Stoeger air rifle this spring, and it’s extremely quiet. 22 cal and 950 fps +-
                Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	149
Size:	504.5 KB
ID:	26608052

Comment

I have a Benjamin Marauder 25cal. It’s very quiet at the muzzle and extremely accurate, however like SaltwaterSlick said, the sound of the pellet impacting the target is pretty loud. It will spook anything nearby. I also have a suppressor for my 22lr. My bolt action 22 with CCI quiet ammo is so quiet you only hear the firing pin drop. However, the bullet hitting the target is again loud.

I have shot pigs under the feeder with the 22, they all scatter except the one that takes a bullet to the ear. If deer were nearby, they will get spooked.

Now, I have also shot a pig with my suppressed subsonic 300blk, again real loud when the bullet hits, and 10 minutes later had deer at the feeder. If they are a distance away, say 75+ yards through the woods or something they might hear it and look around and then continue on with their trek to your feeder.

Comment

Working...
                  X