How Can I Get Higher in Smaller Trees?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Can I Get Higher in Smaller Trees?

I hunt public land on Fort Cavazos. There are areas that have larger oaks and cedars but it is mainly smaller cedars and scrub oaks. Is there any set up that a person can use to get a little higher off the ground? I hunt on the ground behind a brush blind because they do not allow permanent stands and feeders. Most of the smaller cedars would require a lot of limb cutting to have a field of view and shooting lane. Just trying to get a little higher to see what might be out of my line of sight sitting on the ground. I looked at Apex Predator stands but that requires the stand to be set between 2 trees. Thanks for any recommendations.
    Last edited by U.S.ArmyRetired; 10-10-2023, 01:53 PM.

Lightweight portable tripod.

The height is formulated from eye level sitting in the chair to ground level. These set up and break down in as little as 5 seconds and your on the move again. We have manufactured these for over 40 years right here in the great state of Texas.

Comment

Someone posted in a similar thread this morning a link to a collapsible game cart/deer stand. I'll look to see if i can find it.

Comment

millennium makes an aluminum tripod that only weighs like 35lb. A little pricey but well-built.

Comment

More than a little pricy but lightweight and comfortable

Comment

weed?

Comment

Pot weed!

Comment

The changes they made this year on post are a real downer. Time to adapt and overcome.

I sent the collapsible stand that BlackHogDown posted to a few of my buddies. If you are not on ExpertVoice, hop on there and make an account and get verified as retired military. Pretty sure you will get the military discount. The transformer hunt pod is quite a bit cheaper

Comment

Originally posted by Chase4556 View Post
                  The changes they made this year on post are a real downer. Time to adapt and overcome.

I sent the collapsible stand that BlackHogDown posted to a few of my buddies. If you are not on ExpertVoice, hop on there and make an account and get verified as retired military. Pretty sure you will get the military discount. The transformer hunt pod is quite a bit cheaper
                  Thank you for the offer. I will check it out.

Comment

Working...
                  X