Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Braunig or Calaveras for reds this week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Braunig or Calaveras for reds this week?

I was hoping to take son to coast this week during fall break but going to have to settle for heading to one of these. Anyone know which is fishing better and any tips would be great.

I think they are pretty much one in the same honestly. I've been on a few guided trips and they both trolled for them. It was fun but noting like casting artificial baits to them.

Good luck

Comment

It's been 20 years but I always did better at Braunig, both on shore and in the boat. We'd drift or troll the rocks with rattle traps and did pretty good, got a couple I believe 6# bass back to back on live freelined tilapia fishing at night along a grass line. Calaveras we tried and tried and only caught the straggler here or there, though I did rummage up a nice catfish hole where you could load up just about as many as you wanted.

Comment

I want to say I saw something yesterday on the 210 Fishing Facebook page about a fish kill at Brauning this week. Lots of dead fish. Everyone was suggesting Calaveras. Might look into that before deciding.

Comment

Braunig is smaller and easier to read but more congested with people looking for reds

Comment

Working...
          X