Best Trail Camera Image Quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Trail Camera Image Quality

I know this has been debated and did my search.

I searched on here and other sites for trail cameras and saw several liking the Browning Camera, so I just bought two Vision Pro.

I must say that I am disappointed with the image quality on the Browning cameras. It is hard to distinguish points.
    I have had a Wise Eye and and Covert and their image quality is twice that of the Browning.
    the only reason I went with Browning was good reviews and reliability.

I had problems with the Covert and Wise Eye. Couldn't get them to work. They would just stop.
    the Browning does have an excellent flash and great motion detector.

A friend said his Tactacam had good quality.
    Attached Files

All cell cams dumb down the images so they can be sent easier. If you pull the card, you will have the full resolution image stored there though that kinda defeats the purpose of a cell cam.

I have been a big fan of the Moultrie Edge cameras. They send decent enough images by default, but if you have an image that you want to see in higher def, you can request the high resolution version and it will be sent on the next uplink. They also use whichever network is strongest in the area which is a nice feature.

Comment

I have 15 Covert cameras and I am NOT impressed with the image quality. We have 8 or so Tactacams and I have been very impressed with their image quality and I like the interface with the App better than the Covert.

If i didnt have a small fortune tied up into the Coverts and Solar Panels and Rechargeable batteries I would make the switch.

Comment

the guys at Trail Cam Pro.com are recomending either Tactacam or more expensive Spartan.
        does anyone run the Spartan?
        Should I try Tactacam?

From TCP
        I do like the Tactacam for the price. They are going to be very similar. The X Pro will have a viewing screen. I also like the photo quality of the Spartan Go Live 2. The new Browning HD will send like you would get a Full HD photo of the Vision Pro.

​​

Comment

I have Coverts. The standard image quality is decent, but you can request a high quality image and that image quality is a lot better. It costs 3 cents to get a HQ image.

Here's a standard quality.....
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Shane; 10-09-2023, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Well, the HQ version is too large. vBulletin won't let me post it. It's larger and has sharper detail.

Comment

I really like the Bushnell cameras. They allow you to download high resolution pictures, instead of having to pull the card from the cameras.

Comment

I have tactacams, a moultrie edge, spartan, and black gate. Tactacams pictures on the app are grainy to me and are much clearer if you pull the card. Moultrie takes good pictures for the price and are more clear than tactacam. Spartan takes the best pictures out of the 4 in my opinion.

Side note: The moultrie finds service where tactacam and spartan won't as it finds the best carrier in the area instead of being stuck with AT&T and Verizon.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1270.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	461.1 KB
ID:	26607518 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1261.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	336.0 KB
ID:	26607519 100% Spartan, I don't know how they will come across on here but crystal clear on my end, particularly when you select HD

Comment

Working...
                  X