Tactacam reveal taking pics of nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tactacam reveal taking pics of nothing

My tactacam reveal takes pics about every 3 to 10 minutes of nothing during the heat of the day. I turned the sensitivity down already. Do they all do this? Is it movement of weeds/grass? Any tips?

Attached Files

I have to turn the sensitivity on mine down when there’s a hard wind as well. Growth blowing around is the only reason I’ve been able to come up with.

Comment

Tall grass is the worst culprit in my experience. That doesn't seem to be your problem.

All things being equal, I've had the fewest false positive photos with the game cam facing north.

Comment

You can use the "work timer" which will tell the camera when to take pictures and when to shut down.

I had to do this for one of my cams with lots of tall grass in front of it. I set it to start at 6pm and cut off at 9am.

Comment

One if mine has been doing the same thing for the last week or so. No tall grass or brush in front of it so it has me wondering whats going on. The others are working just fine.

Comment

What’s the fresnel lens look like? Just had to replace several that were cracked. It fixed the phantom pics

Comment

When one of my camera's PIR sensors cover lens rotted and fell out due to sun exposure it was doing this.

I replaced it with a new camera.
              Then brought the bad one home and played with it using packing tape over the sensor hole.
              It will still pick up movement (heat change in front of it) and take pics.
              But not near as many as the camera I had sitting next to it.

So if your camera has some age to it you may want to pack along some sort of clear tape with you to cover the hole ifn it's in the same shape mine was in (for rain protection) , otherwise it's probably just the grass.

Comment

It is pretty much brand new, about a month old now and its done it from day 1. I will try some of the suggestions above, thank yall.

Comment

I was having a similar problem I thought. On opening day i was watching my area and watching birds zoom across and setting the camera off. My night time pics were pigs moving along way off and camera picking them up. My camera will pick up movement along ways out.

Comment

Use the work timer.

Comment

Working...
                    X