Click image for larger version

Name:	HUNT0245.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	26604697 Click image for larger version

Name:	HUNT0169.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	26604696 I’m sitting in my bow blind converted to a gun blind this morning waiting on the pigs. This is a skidder trail and I have a One and Done feeder on a tree at the end of it. A couple of decent bucks have been here and my mission today is to reprimand the pigs. One of the bucks just made an appearance but didn’t stay long, no corn yet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2130.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	26604701 Oops !

Comment

Gitchasum Don.

Comment

Definitely needs to be some killin’ going in there. Good luck!

Comment

BTW, I’m taking some hints from Steve (Gar Guy) by not putting up a conventional feeder here. The bucks like to be in the woods and the directional feeder seems to bother them way less. I have wheat planted in this strip but I’m not sure if it will get enough sun.

Comment

Pretty dead here, ****able pigs ain’t cooperating ! This is the buck I saw earlier. Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0261.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	26604758

Comment

Good Luck!

Comment

I stayed until 10:30 and no pigs. That must be why they call it hunting. (Should call it waiting with a gun)

Comment

How do you like that One and Done feeder? Specifically, how’s the reliability?

Comment

Better than working!

Comment

Good luck Don

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                        How do you like that One and Done feeder? Specifically, how’s the reliability?
                        It works as advertised. I like the fact that the bucks don’t seem to be nearly as concerned about it as they do a regular feeder. I have the small one, only holds two sacks of corn. I put it on a tree with a little piece of chain and a small binder, then I just use a ratchet strap on the bottom. It is very sturdy and well made…..coon proof. I use a galvanized feeder lid on top of their lid to keep it from holding water. I put a solar panel on mine so I wouldn’t have to guess how long the battery would last, and I replaced the timer with a Texas Hunter timer just because they are easier for me to program and I already had it. The one flaw, and it’s not a big one, is that the way they are built lets corn dust get into the battery/timer compartment. I ran a bead of calk around it and it worked for awhile but I had to pull it out when it started coming off. The next time it gets empty I’m running some weather stripping around it to hopefully fix that issue. It doesn’t hurt anything, I just don’t like it. I didn’t mean to write an encyclopedia, the Readers Digest version is I like it, I have two of them and don’t hesitate at all to recommend them.

Comment

Thank you, I really appreciate the detailed response.

Comment

That salt and pepper pig would be in trouble!! I got a weak spot for exotic swine!! Great buck too!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                              That salt and pepper pig would be in trouble!! I got a weak spot for exotic swine!! Great buck too!
                              I just shoot whatever gets still for two seconds Todd !

Comment

Working...
                              X