Qatar! Have you been there. I have ???s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qatar! Have you been there. I have ???s

Taking a trip over seas and we have a 13hr layover. Tell me some dos and donts. Only thing I care to do is go to an open air market.
    Advice needed

Thanx

Don’t stay !

Comment

Stopped there on the way to kick some Iraqi a&& in Desert Storm. Good open markets. Bought a Swiss Army champ in a rare survival kit/case for about 1/4 of what it cost in the states. Good prices on gold too. But I'm betting you're looking for info newer than 1990/1991.

Comment

Well its something.

Dont worry DC, I aint staying

Comment

I took a ride there in a C-130 heading to another desert POS country. Air Force gave us soft drinks and sandwiches....That's all I've got lol...

Comment

go to the wadai qui souqs, if you just say take me to the souqs pronounces like souqcs. They will set you right, don't pay face value they live on haggling so if you think you got a good deal ask for more. They have a bottom and are very willing to make the sale happen. Qatar is great for pearls, just me sure they are authentic, also Indians from India buy a lot of gold from Qatar so if you like gold get the 22K stuff from them, it will hopefully make your time there enjoyable, the food and activites in the market are are good. If you have time hit any of the big hotels for a real four star meal

Souq Waqif wurde auf dem Gelände des jahrhundertealten Handelsmarktes von Doha am Ufer des Wadi Musheireb erbaut und wirkt vor der dramatisch modernistischen Skyline Dohas wie ein Anachronismus. Mit seinen traditionellen Lehmgebäuden erinnert der Markt an eine vergangene Zeit und ist dennoch bis heute ein Mittelpunkt des geschäftigen Lebens, in dem der Handel und ein gemütlicher Schwatz Hand in Hand gehen. So geben die gewundenen Gässchen des Souq Waqif den Besuchern einen Eindruck vom traditionellen Leben und Treiben in den Straßen der Stadt. Dies sind 12 gute Gründe für einen Ausflug zum Souq Waqif:

Last edited by TeXXaN; 10-07-2023, 01:12 PM.

Comment

I ain't gonna lie. I read "dots and dos"

Comment

Originally posted by TeXXaN View Post
                go to the wadai qui souqs, if you just say take me to the souqs pronounces like souqcs. They will set you right, don't pay face value they live on haggling so if you think you got a good deal ask for more. They have a bottom and are very willing to make the sale happen. Qatar is great for pearls, just me sure they are authentic, also Indians from India buy a lot of gold from Qatar so if you like gold get the 22K stuff from them, it will hopefully make your time there enjoyable, the food and activites in the market are are good. If you have time hit any of the big hotels for a real four star meal

Souq Waqif wurde auf dem Gelände des jahrhundertealten Handelsmarktes von Doha am Ufer des Wadi Musheireb erbaut und wirkt vor der dramatisch modernistischen Skyline Dohas wie ein Anachronismus. Mit seinen traditionellen Lehmgebäuden erinnert der Markt an eine vergangene Zeit und ist dennoch bis heute ein Mittelpunkt des geschäftigen Lebens, in dem der Handel und ein gemütlicher Schwatz Hand in Hand gehen. So geben die gewundenen Gässchen des Souq Waqif den Besuchern einen Eindruck vom traditionellen Leben und Treiben in den Straßen der Stadt. Dies sind 12 gute Gründe für einen Ausflug zum Souq Waqif:

Thanks for the assistance in how to pronounce souqs. That was very helpful! . The link in the foreign language was even more helpful.

Comment

Thanx Texxan. I just might ck it out.I just dont want to end up in a muslim prison for trying to shake hands with my right or crossing my legs or pointing or....well you get the idea.
                  Thanx again

Comment

With Hamas and Israel at war....how does that affect Qatar?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post

Thanks for the assistance in how to pronounce souqs. That was very helpful! . The link in the foreign language was even more helpful.
                      hahahahaha...... ohhhh my dang keyboard is gonna be ruined

Comment

Working...
                      X