Moultrie and Muddy cell cams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moultrie and Muddy cell cams

I see Academy has them on sale for $69 and $59. Anyone have experience with them?

Anyone?

Comment

I have an older Moultrie, m80 I think, that worked great. Bought a newer model that sifens. Lately I got a couple of Stealth cam on Amazon and they work good for me. The cheaper ones, 3 for about $150. Came with 32 gb cards.

Comment

I run 6 muddy cameras, I believe they are 14 or 16mp. Been out in the woods for 4 years and zero problems with any of them. The picture quality is fine for me but some people don’t like them. I don’t necessarily depend on pics as much as some hunters so it doesn’t bother me. They also don’t have as many features but again I just need a general idea of buck count and quality and they do that for me.

Comment

I have been using the cheapest Muddy version for a few years, and I have been happy with them for the $35 they cost. They do not take as good of pictures as the top dollar cameras, but I am mainly using them to keep tabs on activity not necessarily scoring deer.

Comment

Thanks for replies. Looking at the cellular cameras. Thinking I’m going to try one.

Comment

I have 5 of the Muddy Cell cams running 24/7 and other than a few small hiccups they are decent cams. Definitely worth the price.

Comment

I have used many different ones since they started becoming affordable. Stealthcam, Spypoint, Muddy, and Moultrie. I am running 8 Moultries at the moment. I had a couple different models of their cell cams, but this year, I bought four of their new one, the EDGE. It uses both networks, whichever is best in the area. The APP is also pretty great and is highly intuitive. Also has the feature where it will filter to only pics with deer, pigs, turkeys, people, etc.. if you want to use it. The pics that it sends are better quality than the other brands in my opinion, and if you see a picture that you like, or want to see more clearly, you can have it send the full resolution version on the next upload. Highly recommend the Moultrie EDGE.

Comment

i have 5 muddys out right now and they seem to work great for 2 seasons and then start burning through batteries pretty quick. i am using energizer lithiums and they only last about 2-3 weeks at best in my older couple of cams.

but for $79 at buccees i am not complaining too much

Comment

I've been looking at muddy and tactacam , my browning cell cams are crap!

Comment

awesome. think i am going to try the moultrie edge. haven't ran a camera in a few years.

Comment

Moultrie Edge have been great in my experience. Set it up in December and it's still sending pics to my phone on the same set of lithium batteries.

Comment

Tactacam is great.

Comment

We ran several muddy's and they were awesome for a couple months and then they all started to die one by one. We are running moultries now for about the past 9 months or so with no issues fingers crossed it stays that way

Comment

been running moultrie for past 3 yrs... no real issues after utilizing power panels... edge for the price has several convenient features and easy to use... fills my present game cam needs

Comment

Working...
                              X