Drainage issues, put it to bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drainage issues, put it to bed

I'm sure folks remember the drainage issues we discovered shortly after beginning our build here in Colorado County earlier this year and the problems with the state ROW. The state did its part as posted before the software change. Can't find that thread but did have one about drainage ideas in early September.

We had 3 1/2" in just over an hour this morning and the swales I had cut around us along with the berms have done the job and I'm pretty pleased with the result with so much rain so quickly. I can see no water in the ditch along the road at all but will walk out momentarily. All the water in front of the house has already drained off. The driveway referenced in the drainage idea thread had slight washing so I'm still not entirely sure what I will do but a catch basin with a buried drain pipe may suffice.

I'll put this to bed now but wanted to offer an update on the situation.

Bottom photo is before this work.

Click image for larger version  Name:	i-QNBJ9xb-X2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	331.8 KB ID:	26603171

Click image for larger version  Name:	i-CcT7Q88-X2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	287.4 KB ID:	26603172

Click image for larger version  Name:	i-c7GgNMP-X2.jpg Views:	4 Size:	639.3 KB ID:	26603182
    Last edited by Bill M; 10-05-2023, 08:01 AM.

Sure glad it worked out good for you guys! Sure like that garage/shop!!

Comment

Yup. Huge diff.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Sure glad it worked out good for you guys! Sure like that garage/shop!!
        Thanks, Charlie. This was the first real test since doing the work. 3.6" so far and now just light but the water has drained off. The ROW ditch does have water in that is draining off but is still below the berm out there at the fence a good 10-12".

Comment

Wish my County folks would do what they need to with the county road ROW's in front of my place... I too have drainage swales cut through the property to keep water away from the house. This prairie is dang flat and the water drains off pretty quickly, but it gets sporty in a heavy rain... Got 50+" during Harvey and it got within 6 vertical inches of getting in the house... Now 6" of water out here is a LOT of water, and we were good, but still made my sphincter pucker pretty tight!!

Comment

This is a state ROW and I saw one of their vehicles drive by slowly a little bit ago.

Comment

Working...
            X