Good Fawn Crop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Fawn Crop

We probably have the best fawn crop we`ve had since being on our lease (2018). Land owner sold all cattle last May and we had 1-2 foot tall winter rye and other grasses this spring for the first time since we`ve been on it. The pasture roads I shred every years were barely recognizable with everything being overgrown. I think it gave the fawns a great place to hide from predators compared to previous years. Even with the drought the past 2 years, doe and fawn numbers look good from what I`ve seen in person and game cameras. I even had 2 very small does come under my ladder stand Saturday with fawns almost as big as they were.

Sweet. We are hoping to see the same. Good spring rains did wonders for our lease.

Comment

Even as hot and dry as it has been this year, it is better than last year and our fawn crop shows it. They look very healthy. Lots of twins which we had zero last year.
      We are in Callahan County.

Comment

My place in Mills county has the best fawn crop in years. Trapping 16 coyotes this past spring helped contribute to that.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
          My place in Mills county has the best fawn crop in years. Trapping 16 coyotes this past spring helped contribute to that.
          Our lease was in Mills and Comanche County near Priddy. Hunted there for 14 seasons and never saw a coyote or bobcat. Had a coyote on camera a couple times and that was it. Never heard them at night either.

Comment

Our numbers are showing 90+ % survival this year ! Unheard of, but lots of folks saying the same. Nature's way of making up for the drought ??

Comment

Working...
            X