Eliminator plate preference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eliminator plate preference

I searched and didn't find an answer. For those who have used both .... which one throws further , round or rectangle? I need to put one on one of my feeders. thanx,

IMO,rectangle

Comment

Rectangular

Comment

i like the Rectangle better and seems to throw farther

Comment

thanx, I'll be ordering one soon.

Comment

I haven't used the rectangular one but fat coons have hung off of the round one and bent it down on a couple of mine

Comment

The rectangle has a slight.. Very slight... distance advantage over the round. The rectangle is a little more forgiving for getting your feeder motor centered under the downspout. The round was originally made for road feeders for space reasons. Rectangle for traditional type wildlife feeders. The turned up sides on the rectangle strengthen the plate from damage of downforce (like a coon).

Comment

thanx for that insight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrakarl View Post
                  The rectangle has a slight.. Very slight... distance advantage over the round.
                  I guess it comes down to your motor and how fast it can spin the shaft of the motor, correct?

Comment

Given same motor spinning at the same RPM, the difference in distance is determined by the overall length between the outside of the tangs, across the diameter. The two opposing ends of the turned up sides on the rectangular Eliminator is further out than the tangs on the round Eliminator. There are a couple other variables but basically rectangle has a small distance advantage.

It's always best to buy 1 of each!

Comment

Working...
                    X