Direction to set bow blinds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Direction to set bow blinds?

I think all my blinds are set primarily to the east of the feeder. Either southeast or northeast. This is done for the sun, since we mostly hunt mornings. And because Ive always felt east wind was the least common. Well the forecast all week is some type of east wind. And I had the same problem last season. Is this some sort of October wind pattern that Ive never noticed before?

What direction do you like to set your blinds, if you had your choice?

Burleson county 2 week forecast.

Attached Files
    Last edited by toledo; 09-30-2023, 08:45 AM.

On sets with 1 blind I try to be west of everything. Can hunt most winds. SE is the most common wind in Texas. Dead west is least. So you can almost always hunt it. You do have to deal with sun in mornings, but there are work arounds for that.

Comment

One is set for a north or east wind and the other is set for a south or west wind.
      Wind direction determines which stand I hunt.

Comment

Exactly the same as Geezy and Krivoman above said works for me in SE Texas and Deep South Texas. Almost always some easterly factor in the wind in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
          On sets with 1 blind I try to be west of everything. Can hunt most winds. SE is the most common wind in Texas. Dead west is least. So you can almost always hunt it. You do have to deal with sun in mornings, but there are work arounds for that.
          My thoughts as well. IMHO, E/SE winds are the predominant winds is SE Texas. I like to try to position W/SW of the area I am to hunt.

Stands of timber partnered with open areas can place heck on this though.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
            This is the way to approach it. Here is a wind rose for Bryan for all time winds. It tells the story.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	180
Size:	545.9 KB
ID:	26598680

Comment

Prevailing winds around Seguin are SE or SSE. These easterly winds are different. I have 5 blinds and try to set them up so I can cope with most any winds at one or two of them.

Comment

We set ours up for east winds too, as we predominantly have some time if east wind. Southeast or Northeast.

Comment

Seems like travel pattern, bedding, staging and other factors dictate for me. Not sure how you guys set up on the west on all your stands.

Comment

Working...
                  X