Porch pirates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porch pirates?

I shipped a Ruger 10/22 out of state to get some barrel, Trigger, and bolt work done on it. On Tuesday, USPS showed package was left on porch (after hours). FFL recipient said it was not on his porch, and had no deliveries of packages that day, but did receive mail. I had also included a money order of $268.00 to pay for the work to be done. I’ve been dealing with recipient post Master-who is looking into the matter, spoke to the area PD who was really not any help at all. I spoke with my local USPS yesterday to start a case to see if the Money order can be replaced and sent back to me (cost me $17.00) The package was insured for $300, which will almost cover the cost of the gun,(actual purchase price was $350)
    KInda frustrated. I did not send it with a required signature.
    ‘oh well. Rant over.

That sucks we get stuff stolen a lot but we live in the country

Comment

Looks like if you declared it was a firearm it would have to have a signature?

Hopefully it shows up

Comment

Had a package that showed it had been delivered late on a Friday like that a couple of weeks ago but wasn't there and no one on my ring. I work from home so am pretty quick to grab packages when they come in.

Package was delivered on Monday. The driver said they probably made a mistake and marked as delivered instead of "out for delivery" when it was loaded on his truck Friday evening.

Hope it works out for you and it's found quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
          Looks like if you declared it was a firearm it would have to have a signature?

Hopefully it shows up
          Was my first thought as well.

Comment

Since I was sending it to an FFL, I did not have to declare it. There were no markings indicating a firearm on the box. I should have specified confirmed signature. Stupid move on my part.

Comment

Just got a text from the gFGL I sent it to. He did a little looking around sone of the other buildings in the area, and found my package, and another one being sent to him, about 600’ down the street at an abandoned building, leaning up against the door. Can’t believe it!

Comment

Originally posted by Witchgrass View Post
                Since I was sending it to an FFL, I did not have to declare it.
                you sure about that, I was under the impression the exact opposite.

good to hear it worked out in the end.

Comment

Just got a text from the gFGL I sent it to. He did a little looking around sone of the other buildings in the area, and found my package, and another one being sent to him, about 600’ down the street at an abandoned building, leaning up against the door. Can’t believe it!
                  Glad he found it!

Comment

I would go buy some lotto tickets
                    Glad this had a happy ending

Comment

OM gosh. Stupid delivery person and lucky to still he there. Happy ending.

Porch pirates are some scummy vermin.

Comment

UPS is still delivering packages to my former address. Even though we moved over a year ago and we put in our current address when ordering. They show my current address to not be a valid location. They put a label over the correct address with our former address and deliver it there. Nobody can help. Not the driver or the Punjabi Indian who doesn’t speak English and handles “customer service.”

Comment

I’ve had ups leave packages at my place just because they couldn’t find the address they were looking for. They don’t care as long as it’s off their truck.

Comment

Typical usps in our area. Worthless morons.

Comment

I had a Holosun red dot stolen by someone in our local PO. I’m sure of it from the way he acted when the Postmaster set the empty package on the counter. If someone else had stolen it they **** sure wouldn’t have delivered an empty box that had already been opened. He told my wife to just tell Amazon and they will replace it. They did, but he is the ******* that stole it.

Comment

Working...
                              X