No announcement yet.

Opening day check-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In at Bastrop. Just a small 6 and a doe.

Comment

In a stand in Lamar county,slow so far

Comment

North Montgomery county. Beautiful morning to be in a tree.

Comment

Kerr county here.

Comment

Willacy county.

3 small bucks this morning and coyote I was going to shoot but saw me as I was drawing back.

Comment

Wilson County. Up a tree with the longbow this morning. One of the best mornings I have experienced in 45 years of bowhunting. So many bucks, a handful of does and fawns. The best buck fight under my stand that I have ever seen. All the bucks were posturing and snort wheezing at each other. It was non stop for about 1.5 hrs. Some decent legal 8,9 and 10's all w/in 15 yds but nothing got me worked up enough to shoot. Usually that much action is to be cherished because the next day it may be slow.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                Lane clan on point in Wise county.
                No critters seen yet
                Lane clan struck out. Feeder never went off. Checked and battery was dead. Headed back in a few min with a new battery. Sure is nice to hunt 10 min from home.

Comment

Wise county here. Saw five does but couldn’t get a shot on any of them.

Comment

went out this morning here in Gonzales; didn't see squat.

Comment

N/W Erath County was 65 degrees and windless this morning. I had 4 does and 2 fawns without spots show up at my hand corn by my ladder stand. I still have a few fawns with spots on my camera. Probably the best fawn crop I`ve seen in a while.

Comment

Checking in from Cherokee County in the A/C too hot to hunt right now for me. Good luck

Comment

Skunked in SW Coleman Co. The dove hunters were having a good day. They were close and never stopped shooting all morning. This evening was quite windy and nothing was moving.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                            Skunked in SW Coleman Co. The dove hunters were having a good day. They were close and never stopped shooting all morning. This evening was quite windy and nothing was moving.
                            Seems I remember the birds flying quite prolifically in Coleman county last year as well.

Comment

Yup. Especially when we’re bow hunting

Comment

Working...
                              X