cwd telegraph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cwd telegraph

hey guys, i got notice in mail from tpwd, positive case about 4 miles as the crow flies from me, i am now in a mandatory cwd zone.
    question...apparently it is 1 deer in a pen, what happens these days ground zero when they find a case? - do they still destroy all the animals ?
    they didnt send me any info about what is being done to limit the spread from the source.
    any one with knowledge?

There was an article about this in the most recent issue of TPWD magazine. Perhaps see if you can pull it up online? I was interrupted before I finished the article so can’t answer your question.

Comment

Originally posted by Lafuria View Post
      hey guys, i got notice in mail from tpwd, positive case about 4 miles as the crow flies from me, i am now in a mandatory cwd zone.
      question...apparently it is 1 deer in a pen, what happens these days ground zero when they find a case? - do they still destroy all the animals ?
      they didnt send me any info about what is being done to limit the spread from the source.
      any one with knowledge?
      In the last 20 years TPWD has killed more WT deer than CWD has by a VERY, VERY large margin!!!!

Comment

I don't think they can do anything to limit the spread. In fact, I've always thought/said that it has been around for a LONG, LONG time and will always be here. Some deer get it, some don't. The whole CWD thing is a way for TPWD to keep their thumb on all of us. Did they tell you that you have to test every deer y'all kill ? And that you have to pay for the test? That's what a lot of folks are dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
          I don't think they can do anything to limit the spread. In fact, I've always thought/said that it has been around for a LONG, LONG time and will always be here. Some deer get it, some don't. The whole CWD thing is a way for TPWD to keep their thumb on all of us. Did they tell you that you have to test every deer y'all kill ? And that you have to pay for the test? That's what a lot of folks are dealing with.
          Yep

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
            All i got was manditory testing and where to drop the head, nothing about cost but says all deer except for axis arnt listed

Comment

Here’s a link to the TPWD article:

Comment

Working...
              X