Burger vs Sandwich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burger vs Sandwich

Would you consider a hamburger a sandwich? Does the bread type define the food? If you put a hamburger patty on sliced bread, does that make it a sandwich?

I don't recall ever ordering a sandwich and getting a burger.

On sandwiches, for peanut butter and jelly, do you prefer smooth or chunky.....

Deep thoughts with Team RiverRat​

I was asking myself- When did I start this thread?

Sandwich is made with sliced meat (ham, turkey etc) Burger is made with a burger patty.

Crunchy peanut butter always!

Comment

all burgers are sandwiches, but not all sandwiches are burgers. and I generally only like my peanut butter in a reese's.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
        all burgers are sandwiches, but all sandwiches are not burgers. and I generally only like my peanut butter in a reese's.
        So do you like chunky or smooth cups?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhica View Post

So do you like chunky or smooth cups?
          yes.

Comment

A hamburger is a hamburger. Put a hamburger patty on bread, it becomes a pattymelt. It is never a sandwich.

A sandwich is bread and deli meat that typically is sliced, but can be shredded.

Finally, the addition of bacon does not change the type of sandwich it is. And bacon ruins the taste of a burger. But it improves the taste of a sandwich.

Peanut butter should be smooth. If I am paying for food processing, I want the most processed peanut for my $$$.

Comment

I knew a guy from the upper midwest who would say "I'm going to McDonalds to get a hamburger sandwich". That falls oddly on the ear I suppose but it is literally true -
              A sandwich with ham on it? Ham sandwich. (whether on sliced bread, a sub roll or a bun)
              A sandwich with peanut butter? Peanut butter sandwich
              A sandwich with hamburger meat on it? A hamburger sandwich!

Comment

But pulled pork and brisket is put on "hamburger buns".

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                  A hamburger is a hamburger. Put a hamburger patty on bread, it becomes a pattymelt. It is never a sandwich.

A sandwich is bread and deli meat that typically is sliced, but can be shredded.

Finally, the addition of bacon does not change the type of sandwich it is. And bacon ruins the taste of a burger. But it improves the taste of a sandwich.

Peanut butter should be smooth. If I am paying for food processing, I want the most processed peanut for my $$$.
                  this

and peanut butter goes either way for me. Been stuck on creamy peter pan with honey for a minute

Comment

Is a hamburger a sandwich?

Technically, yes. Colloquially, no.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post

yes.
                      I think you’re putting too fine a point on it.

Comment

So, technically, a hamburger should really be a beefburger, there's no ham....

Comment

A burger is a sandwich. So is a hotdog!

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty8186 View Post
                            A burger is a sandwich. So is a hotdog!
                            Certainly

Comment

Regardless of the pronoun that you choose for your various food types, I challenge you to prove that the sandwich/burger was ever there at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X