Tactacam reveal X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tactacam reveal X

Does anyone else have issues with the antenna? Ours will not go on tight and every time we tighten, the bolt strips and rips the tiny wires inside the camera, which is a pain to replace. It has happened to about all of ours, 7 of them.

The antennas on ours always end up pointing down. I'm not overly worried about it though because two of the cameras are in areas where cell service is horrible but the cameras actually work very well. I've just snugged the antennas so they're on the cameras.

That's how it was with my original Reveal X and also on the Gen 2's I swapped in their places earlier this year.

Comment

We put a piece of duct tape around the bottom of the antenna to hold it up. It has worked so far.

Comment

We have tried tape but the deer always mess with them and chew on them.

Comment

I have also noticed that it does not tighten real well.

Some locktight helps.

J

Comment

Not sure if I’d use loctite, even the lower grade. It could be a bit much if you ever have to try and safely remove the antenna for some reason.

That said, you might be able to tac it up a bit with some clear fingernail polish. We used that in scope rings years ago and never had an issue with a scope losing zero.

Comment

I'd take antennae issues over battery issues every day! I'm 5hrs away and my X only worked for 2.5 weeks before shutting off. It had brand new batteries, AND a Tactacam solar charger with lithium pack.

Comment

Don’t put batteries in the camera if you run a panel with batteries built in. The camera won’t necessarily default to the panel once the batteries are down.

That has happened to my father, and then both of my brothers after I told them what happened and to not do that.

Comment

Im running 7 units, almost all of my antenna's point straight down. It has no bearing on getting a signal. . .let it be.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                    Im running 7 units, almost all of my antenna's point straight down. It has no bearing on getting a signal. . .let it be.
                    You are probably right, I have replaced a few and one tonight, so from now on, I am not going to mess with it.

Comment

Do yalls send pics quickly etc. I have the right card according to them. And mine wont send pics for crap. Its garbage. Half the time i go check the pic # and its taken pics but not sent to my phone. Has plenty of cell signal.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                        Do yalls send pics quickly etc. I have the right card according to them. And mine wont send pics for crap. Its garbage. Half the time i go check the pic # and its taken pics but not sent to my phone. Has plenty of cell signal.
                        Mine was working flawlessly up until a month ago. I figured my solar panel and SD card probably fried in the summer heat, so I eventually want to replace both. I reformatted my card and that helped some, but I'm still not getting pics (and I know there are deer in front of it). My thoughts are these cameras became super popular over a relatively short amount of time and their software cannot keep up with the demand on the networks. That's my intelligent/not so intelligent sounding answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                          Don’t put batteries in the camera if you run a panel with batteries built in. The camera won’t necessarily default to the panel once the batteries are down.

That has happened to my father, and then both of my brothers after I told them what happened and to not do that.
                          have other issues then, because my camera would not function without batteries AND the solar charger. It ran flawlessly for 6 months then shut off one day; when I finally got down there to check it and found the AA batteries had corroded pretty bad.

Comment

I hate the antenna for tactacam! It breaks if you twist it too tight, and the fixed 90 between the connector and the pole makes it harder to attach.

Best fix I found is using the antenna off a busted spypoint unit. You can connect those after strapping to the tree way easier with the folding arm.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                              I have noticed it depends on cell service. I have one in cuero and it sends pictures immediately and will send an HD pic fast. The others I have in Pleasanton take forever to send HD picture.

Comment

Working...
                              X