deer hoist parts help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deer hoist parts help!

i need to replace the small switch or pin that holds the winch in place when it is lifted. Mine has been worn down and no longer holds the cable. Does anyone know what this part is actually called and where I might find a replacement?

Got any pics?

Comment

You talking about what holds the gear on the winch from free spinning and dropping what you've hoisted?

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
        You talking about what holds the gear on the winch from free spinning and dropping what you've hoisted?
        That is what I am envisioning.

Comment

Winches are cheap at Harbor Freight.... if it is the hand crank one i am thinking.

Comment

yes, the part that keeps the gears from releasing. I know winches are cheap but already have the entire gambrel winch set-up and it is welded to the pipes so unfortunately i can't just put a new winch on the pipe. I figure the part has to be super inexpensive if I can just figure out where to get one.

Comment

sorry wrong thread

Comment

Looking for CROSBY, Spring, Spring Latch? Find it at Grainger.com®. With over one million products and 24/7 customer service we have supplies and solutions for every industry.

No idea if that’s exactly what you’re looking for but it’s a gear latch for a winch. If that isn’t it, bump around on the site for similar products, you might be able to find what you need or email them a picture and they could probably figure it out from there.

Comment

You could bolt the new one in place and cut the old one off worse case scenario.

Comment

If you can't find the piece, drill through the outside of the winch body and through the gear. Run a bolt or snap pin through.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post

No idea if that’s exactly what you’re looking for but it’s a gear latch for a winch. If that isn’t it, bump around on the site for similar products, you might be able to find what you need or email them a picture and they could probably figure it out from there.
                      I was imagining it was something more like this.

J

Comment

No clue and could very well be.

But there has to be a way to adapt another latching mechanism to it. I think that’s kind of what SmTX was getting at as well. It shouldn’t really be overly complicated.

Comment

I think Grainger carry’s everything!

Comment

google "hand winch replacement pawl" and you should find everything you need.

Comment

Since its broke I would cut it out and reinstall a new one that is removable and secured with good ole nuts, bolts and washers . Not sure why one would be welded on and not removable for service or replacement. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X