Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Into Canada with firearms

1. To those more versed with travel into Canada:

My dad and I are headed north next Friday for our hunt. Going to call the Canadian office in the morning to confirm, but got to thinking tonight. We are rifle hunting and each taking our own rifle. With the firearms declaration, does anyone know if we can place both rifles into one case and declare them that way or do the rifles need to go in separate cases for each person?

I would think that they have to have separate cases. Harder to get firearms into Canada than Mexico, so do everything right before you get to the boarder.

Comment

The RCMP web page says yes
      I would definitely be TSA and RCMP case compliance before hand with ammunition and firearms

canada is a PIA imo , their laws are pretty strict on firearms, alcohol, prescription drugs.
      I.E
      if you have a alcohol charge in the USA like a DUI you can be denied entry even if it was 40 years ago
      Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 09-26-2023, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Your best bet is to call the Canadian office. For entry that critical, get it from the horses mouth and make/bring references to such in case/when they hassle you at entry. Canada SUCKS

Comment

Also I'd be certain to declare all ammunition and ANYTHING else that could be deemed firearm related. My wife loves to watch those border smuggling shows on YouTube and they hung an old, retired USA law enforcement officer out to dry one time for some firearms violation, took him to jail for it.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
            Also I'd be certain to declare all ammunition and ANYTHING else that could be deemed firearm related. My wife loves to watch those border smuggling shows on YouTube and they hung an old, retired USA law enforcement officer out to dry one time for some firearms violation, took him to jail for it.
            Yep I saw a webcast and video of hunters getting arrested while going on a sheep hunts ( incomplete firearm declaration form)
            and people getting turned back due to the decades old alcohol records
            Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 09-26-2023, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Canada sucks bears repeating…..so, Canada SUCKS !

Comment

Darn. What has changed? I carried my primary and backup rifle in one case and had no problem flying into and out of Canada...course that has been a few years ago.

Comment

I never had the hint of a problem when talking hunting guns to Canada. Have your forms filled out correctly. I’d pack the guns in separate cases. Also for re-entry don’t forget to get this form done before you leave the country.

Comment

I’ll second having the 4457 for your rifles and anything else expensive such as binoculars, scopes, etc.

Comment

Tagged for October

Comment

For anyone wondering, spoke to Canadian office today and confirmed that we indeed have to carry rifles in separate rifle cases for declaration.

Just a little over a week to go now!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                          Darn. What has changed? I carried my primary and backup rifle in one case and had no problem flying into and out of Canada...course that has been a few years ago.
                          That was my experience too.

Comment

Working...
                          X