Top Tier Gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Tier Gas

Lots of guys on here in petroleum. Is top tier gas worth the extra expense? If so, which gas has the best add pack?

You just mean premium vs. regular unleaded?

If the vehicle calls for 87 minimum, that's most likely the best thing for you. You could do some test tanks with 89 or 93 and see what happens. I know my old pickup would get about 1mpg better on premium, but that wasn't enough to offset the extra cost. My current truck requires minimum 91, so 93 is what she gets.

Comment

Top Tier supposedly has additives that reduce deposits on injectors and valves. I never thought much about it until a recent conversation with the tech working on my wife's Acura. His opinion is that top tier gas makes a difference especially in engines like that car's four cylinder turbo. I fill my truck wherever it's convenient but will spend a little extra for that vehicle
      Last edited by jerp; 09-25-2023, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        Top Tier supposedly has additives that reduce deposits on injectors and valves. I never thought much about it until a recent conversation with the tech working on my wife's Acura. His opinion is that top tier gas makes a difference especially in engines like that car's four cylinder turbo. I fill my truck wherever it's convenient but will spend a little extra for that vehicle
        I belive your Acura is direct injection and from what I've read the top tier gas won't clean the valves anymore because the gas is injected straight into the combustion chamber.
        My truck isn't direct injection hence the question about whether the additives are worth it or not. I have the good Ole 6.0 in a Chevy 2500. The new 6.6 gas however is direct injection and not sure about ever getting one of those.
        Last edited by Txhunter3000; 09-25-2023, 03:32 PM.

Comment

from what I have seen, the top tier gas is not any more than non top tiered gas. The circle K in Burnet and Quick trip in Liberty Hill are top tier I believe and they don't seem to be any higher than others.

Comment

Go diesel and you don’t have to worry about it anymore

Comment

Most major brands only sell Top Tier now. Better detergents.

Comment

Originally posted by basschsr View Post
                Go diesel and you don’t have to worry about it anymore
                Just gotta worry about water in the fuel at low volume stations.

Comment

Working...
                X